Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Their fate will be determined by whether their injured players return soon or they can recruit quality in January.

Their second string is manifestly not going to survive in the Premier League

Their first XI could

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Their fate will be determined by whether their injured players return soon or they can recruit quality in January.

Their second string is manifestly not going to survive in the Premier League

Their first XI could
They only have Ake and brooks out. The rest are back. They will be fine. Better squad than us. They will push up the table they always do.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Losing Ake was devastating. Almost a VVD of a defender and player.

Ake is a superb player, interesting times for them as despite being injured it is likely a big money bid will come in for him this month

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He deserves the full season.

I couldn't give a shit if they go down or not TBH as long as it's not at our expense. . .that's for us to decide.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They only have Ake and brooks out. The rest are back. They will be fine. Better squad than us. They will push up the table they always do.

It just seems a little different this time ...they ‘normally’ slump and then recover...this time they slumped ...won at Chelsea ...drew at home to Arsenal and now lost the next two, conceding six. Their forwards are misfiring and Edward ‘looks’ a bit off it. Gut tells me ‘always’ may come to an end

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Figures from last year show 89% of their revenue comes from TV. Their wages-to-turnover is at 76% (2nd highest only to Evertons 77%) although this is at least a significant change to that bet-the-farm season they won promotion, when wages to turnover was running at an eyewatering 230% (hence the £7m fine for cheating their way up).

If they go down then they are fooked. I'd really love that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Yes a few injuries, that’s what squads are for. I’d question if theirs is better than ours.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If Smug Eddie had come here as manager I for one would have been pleased, he is a good manager who gets his team to play good football and that's is no disrespect to Hughton or Potter.

I have no bias against them as a team but my only wish is that they finish below us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Smug Eddie had come here as manager I for one would have been pleased, he is a good manager who gets his team to play good football and that's is no disrespect to Hughton or Potter.

I have no bias against them as a team but my only wish is that they finish below us.

A good manager l agree, although his success is to a large part down to the fact that he has been allowed to spend fairly big money on players. The reason that success dried up during his ill fated spell at Burnley, was because he had to make do with what he had.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Bournemouth have brought something to the Prem and tried to play entertaining football. Eddie Howe has done an amazing job but the injuries have happened to his best players. Now, you fancy a few might be on the phone to their agents.

I put Eddie Howe alongside Roberto Martinez as managers i'd like to see at the Albion if we were to lose Potter.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It just seems a little different this time ...they ‘normally’ slump and then recover...this time they slumped ...won at Chelsea ...drew at home to Arsenal and now lost the next two, conceding six. Their forwards are misfiring and Edward ‘looks’ a bit off it. Gut tells me ‘always’ may come to an end
It seems different in this very short period of time where they've rushed a load of unfit players back from injury.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised but it's sadly just another Watford situation where we are being lulled into a false sense of security I reckon.

The only glimmer is if Howe has lost some of the players as bmuff seem intent on not selling anyone. A situation we may find ourselves in the next couple of years if we stay up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It seems different in this very short period of time where they've rushed a load of unfit players back from injury.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised but it's sadly just another Watford situation where we are being lulled into a false sense of security I reckon.

The only glimmer is if Howe has lost some of the players as bmuff seem intent on not selling anyone. A situation we may find ourselves in the next couple of years if we stay up.

Fair enough...gut tells me otherwise..we’ll just have to wait and see

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Figures from last year show 89% of their revenue comes from TV. Their wages-to-turnover is at 76% (2nd highest only to Evertons 77%) although this is at least a significant change to that bet-the-farm season they won promotion, when wages to turnover was running at an eyewatering 230% (hence the £7m fine for cheating their way up).

This. If they went down I'd laugh so hard I'd probably get a hernia, and it would be worth it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

They have lots of good assets and parachute money Ake has to be worth 40 million. Brooks 25 million Wilson god knows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here