Just seen some doctor on the beeb trying to push for a ban on smoking in cars

I don't even smoke, but is there anything this nanny state

won't try to take from us :annoyed:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Orwellian society - here we come
It is only a proposal by the BMA. Even so, it's absurd, unpoliceble and surely infringement of the Human Rights act.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't even smoke, but is there anything this nanny state
won't try to take from us :annoyed:

Nor do I but there will be plenty on here who'll be supporting this. I mean what if they walked past you smoking in your parked car with the window open and had to inhale some secondhand smoke. Sadly I think this law may not be too far away.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
If it's dangerous to use your phone while driving isn't it dangerous to light a fag or even have one in your hand meaning you can't hold the wheel properly?

What if it drops in your lap?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
.............and when some lady emailed in 'she liked smoking and it was her right to do as she wished' the doctor said "i think we need to save her from herself" :facepalm:

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
If it's dangerous to use your phone while driving isn't it dangerous to light a fag or even have one in your hand meaning you can't hold the wheel properly?

What if it drops in your lap?

It's just being told again

What next dont drink standing up or maybe dont eat and walk.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

?

Will we be banning the national habit of nose picking whilst driving as well. Sticking a fag in your mouth is no more dangerous than sticking your finger up your nose or leaning forward to change the radio station.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
To a point I agree, I have seen many times where kids are in the back and there is a parent/carer driving them about puffing away. The inside of a car then becomes a very smoky atmosphere for the child and concequently they breath in the second hand smoke.

That said I think an outright ban is OTT and would be near to impossible to enforce.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I think most people are considerate when it comes to smoking in the car with other people in it too. Most people ask if it's ok or can just wait till they get out. But i really can't see how it's any less dangerous than using a phone.

The using the radio etc comparison doesn't really stand as more and more cars are having the controls wheel mounted.

To a point I agree, I have seen many times where kids are in the back and there is a parent/carer driving them about puffing away. The inside of a car then becomes a very smoky atmosphere for the child and concequently they breath in the second hand smoke.

That said I think an outright ban is OTT and would be near to impossible to enforce.

an outright ban is OTT/unnecessasary, however I think it should be illegal if under 16's are in the car

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I think most people are considerate when it comes to smoking in the car with other people in it too. Most people ask if it's ok or can just wait till they get out. But i really can't see how it's any less dangerous than using a phone.

The using the radio etc comparison doesn't really stand as more and more cars are having the controls wheel mounted.

although my wife's previous husband simon was killed by a lorry driver changing channels and hitting him head on

hunter121

Banned
Mar 17, 2011
WOW!!! Nice Post!Kind Regards
10.jpg

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No problem with people smoking in their car, just wish they would not throw the dog ends out the window in a moving car !
No fun when following on a motorcycle wit the visor up.
Have whacked a few mirrors i can tell ya !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think most people are considerate when it comes to smoking in the car with other people in it too....

Really ? - if someone is in the back it's the most inconsiderate place to smoke.

With the window open passengers in the back are treated to a stream of smoke and ash when the smoker takes a drag.

It's like smoking next to a desk fan with the fan pointing at the passengers :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its illegal to eat in the car while driving is it not ?
So why should you be able to smoke...

For that reason it should be banned, however there is nothing worse than seeing someone smoke in the car with kids in the back...

that really annoys me..ggrrr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here