Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade: It's all about Dickinson

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Whinge Jabsco and Bens Groandad will grimble and bleat as often as they can. I suggest the sane amongst NSC ignore their negativity and judge for yourselves when you have had the chance to see the players in a competitive match.

:laugh::clap2::clap2:

You've got to love a bit of childish name calling.

Those are up there with the old classics of Withdean Wanker and The Complete Bellend*

Joking aside, that is sound advice.

*No offence lads, water off a ducks back I'm sure :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:laugh::clap2::clap2:

You've got to love a bit of childish name calling.

Those are up there with the old classics of Withdean Wanker and The Complete Bellend*

Joking aside, that is sound advice.

*No offence lads, water off a ducks back I'm sure :thumbsup:

*I always thought he was known as The Complete Todger. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry, I posted before reading that - and you are right, these negative bleaters only devalue their own posts and( they probably rarely attend matches either).

I have supported BHA since 1947 and have seen the good and bad times and been a STH for the past 30+ years, apart from having been a scout for 5 different Albion managers, so dont try to tell me I do not either attend matches or know a little about the game.

My point is and I believe that it is a valid point that Dickinson looks to be poor in the air when you would expect a 6ft 4 in striker to win virtually every ball aimed at him either from the defenders, goalkeeper or a cross from the wings. Whether it be against Rio Ferdinand or an amateur playing for Worthing he should be capable of winning some headers but last night he won hardly any if any at all. What I have said is that people watch a player for the first time,like last night for a lot, and it is on that performance right or wrong they base their opinions. Based on last nights performance a lot of people will not rate our chances very highly or rate Dickinson very high and that is what I have said he will have to work at to win the doubters over.

I have not said that he is a bad buy or a bad player just not very good in the air for his height.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I have supported BHA since 1947 and have seen the good and bad times and been a STH for the past 30+ years, apart from having been a scout for 5 different Albion managers, so dont try to tell me I do not either attend matches or know a little about the game.

My point is and I believe that it is a valid point that Dickinson looks to be poor in the air when you would expect a 6ft 4 in striker to win virtually every ball aimed at him either from the defenders, goalkeeper or a cross from the wings. Whether it be against Rio Ferdinand or an amateur playing for Worthing he should be capable of winning some headers but last night he won hardly any if any at all. What I have said is that people watch a player for the first time,like last night for a lot, and it is on that performance right or wrong they base their opinions. Based on last nights performance a lot of people will not rate our chances very highly or rate Dickinson very high and that is what I have said he will have to work at to win the doubters over.

I have not said that he is a bad buy or a bad player just not very good in the air for his height.

I appreciate the points raised and on the face of it bringing in a 6 ft 4 in striker one would probably be right to assume he is a target man however from what I have read/heard about Dickinson is he is no way a target man and prefers to run the channels, however any judging of performances at this stage is frankly ludicrous and to say he has to win over the supporters is frankly tosh. He comes in with a clean slate. The fact that Slade has brought him in proves to me that he will be an asset for us this coming season.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Really, you've been an Albion scout all these years? You have a lot to answer for.

Who have we signed on your recommendation then? Both good and bad.

Did I mention you?
Oh that's right, i DID say negative bleaters, so you knew. makes sense :bla:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Murray handed in a transfer request at the START of last season. He was QUALITY ALL of last season.

He wasn't quality ALL of last season-HALF of last season would be more accurate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He wasn't quality ALL of last season-HALF of last season would be more accurate.

Whenever he got the ball in to feet he was quality. Unfortunately we had one of the most mismatched and unsettled midfields in Albions' history last year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whinge Jabsco and Bens Groandad will grimble and bleat as often as they can. I suggest the sane amongst NSC ignore their negativity and judge for yourselves when you have had the chance to see the players in a competitive match.

NMH you quoted the above posted by TRHK -

Sorry, I posted before reading that - and you are right, these negative bleaters only devalue their own posts and( they probably rarely attend matches either).

This would suggest that you agreed with the previous statement by TRHK.

I am rather bewildered by all the critisicsm I am getting as I have just posted a view that one would expect a 6ft 4 in striker to win some balls in the air whether he plays as a target man or goes down the channels. Both Murray and Forster do likewise and still manage to win headers and they are barely 6ft. As explained I do not consider him either a good or bad buy as I havent seen enough of him and will give him time to gel but listening to the comments last night a lot of supporters sounded disillusioned with his performance, whether he has played 100 minutes or 1000 minutes that was an opinion based on what they have seen so far. In the case of most that would have been their first viewing.

My own view is that the performance from the entire team was disappointing with very few exceptions and I expected more, but there is still time to get it right before Walsall, that is what the training ground is for.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Just f***ing entertain me and don't play headless chicken hoofball is all I want from this season. If we end up midtable so be it but please no more tactically clueless football or route one shit....and I've never been that impressed with the Murray/Forster partnership they don't seem to like each other very much imo and spend too much time bitching with each other :shrug:

icy what album is your avatar? :dunce:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Some folks on this board never fail to amaze me,

Why can't we just back Slade's judgement on this, after all, he is best placed to do so.

All these armchair managers who think they can do better, go play FM09, and stop posting your drivel on here

rant over

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world

Judging from your 1000's of ridiculously inaccurate posts i can safely say that you know absolutely sod all about the game.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
With Dickinson arriving, its not good for Davies now...he's even further down the pecking order. Even Hart is rated above him in the striking department.
Maybe Davies could get shunted out to the wings to do a job? It looks like Wright and McLeod will be the first-choice wingers.

How much did we pay for Davies?
I really want the bloke to have a good season to justify his NSC critics wrong, but I doubt he'll get the games to do so.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Glenn Murray. :down:

It should be all about Murray, not Dickinson. We shouldn't have ever signed him, we don't need him. We should spank Murray and tell him to behave. He's a tortured genius who will fire us out of this league alongside Forster. I'm so disappointed by signing Dickinson, I'm sure he'll be great and all that jazz, but he's no Glenn Murray. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here