Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade: It's all about Dickinson

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Now dont get me wrong, I think the signing of Dickinson will prove a very worthy one. Weve obviously beaten off others to secure his services, he scored goals at this level, is a little bit raw and rough round the edges and im sure will have a good season scoring maybe 20+ goals.

But since he has arrived...all i seem to read and hear from Slade is...."who will I play with Dickinson".

Now If im not mistaken, we have Forster & Murray who together were succesful....I dont like the fact its all pointing towards Dickinson starting whatever he is performing like.

At the end of the day I might be wrong, but surely its the best partnership that works....not the best player to play with Dickinson.

A Hart/Murray combo would be an interesting one......or Murray/Forster with Dickinson just behind.

What do people so far having attended some freindlies think slade will start with?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Slade is no mug, he'll pick whoever looks in form. perhaps it's a confidence thing with Dickinson.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said on other threads I dont think that I have ever seen a player who is so tall who is so poor and wins so few headers in a game as I did at Crawley with Dickinson.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As I have said on other threads I dont think that I have ever seen a player who is so tall who is so poor and wins so few headers in a game as I did at Crawley with Dickinson.

Well done.

Is it in a Brighton fans nature to write off players after a few appearances? :tosser:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not writing him off just stating that last night he was poor especially in the air and hinting that if he is to be our 20 goals a season a man he needs to work on his aerial game a hell of a lot.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Does he jump less than fleetwood?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I am not writing him off just stating that last night he was poor especially in the air and hinting that if he is to be our 20 goals a season a man he needs to work on his aerial game a hell of a lot.

The rest of the team sounded BRILLIANT...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Dickinson will be GASH.

There, I've said it.

We should be building our team round MURRAY. Not some lump who never got a game at Derby and enjoys a little too much of the night life off the pitch...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

There, I've said it.

We should be building our team round MURRAY. Not some lump who never got a game at Derby and enjoys a little too much of the night life off the pitch...

:lolol:

Yeah good idea, lets build around a player who doesn't want to be here...:shootself

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
having seen all the friendlies so far , i must say i am a little concerened with the quality of play from the players. It is indeed early days and new players have to get to know each other and how the manager wants them to play. my feeling is we are a mid table team at the moment so lets not get too carried away and as we improve and im sure we will things will get better. how quickly that happens is the key to our season. we still seem to be missing that sort of player in midfield with vision to open up other defences , we may not loose many games but not sure we will win as many as we need to. still lets hope im wrong and everything comes good

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just f***ing entertain me and don't play headless chicken hoofball is all I want from this season. If we end up midtable so be it but please no more tactically clueless football or route one shit....and I've never been that impressed with the Murray/Forster partnership they don't seem to like each other very much imo and spend too much time bitching with each other :shrug:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
It should be "Who can I play up front with Forster....?" not "Who can I play up front with Dickinson....?", until he proves otherwise on the pitch.

I'd still give him his chance against Walsall though

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

There, I've said it.

I'm with you rude boy - IMHO Murray is the goods and on form and happy he's in all liklihood the best striker we have so here's a left field idea, why don't the club Iif they are not already) pull out the stops to make his bird and ergo him happy and kick all this sell him talk into touch?
Contraversial, maybe, but I've read a shed load of stuff on this board that makes less sense.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm with you rude boy - IMHO Murray is the goods and on form and happy he's in all liklihood the best striker we have so here's a left field idea, why don't the club Iif they are not already) pull out the stops to make his bird and ergo him happy and kick all this sell him talk into touch?
Contraversial, maybe, but I've read a shed load of stuff on this board that makes less sense.

Yeah good idea, lets give Murray anything he wants...wonder how that would make the rest of the team feel? :glare:

I Think Murray is class personified, but all that would do is ruin team morale.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Yeah good idea, lets give Murray anything he wants...wonder how that would make the rest of the team feel? :glare:

I Think Murray is class personified, but all that would do is ruin team morale.
Fair point, I just think it's like a lot of jobs - making the partner happy is often much easier than you'd think and can often be the answer as it seemingly would be here. Life will go on if he leaves, it will be a big loss if he does though and hard to accept if we've not done our best to keep him (which as I said the club is probaly trying to do anyway behind the scenes).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having seen them all IMHO Dickinson is no better nor no worse in the air than McGammon, Savage or Fleetwood but that is not what you expect from a man who is 6ft 4 in tall you expect him to win a few headers. Time will tell but I believe that he has a lot of work to do to win the fans over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here