Sky Sports News going subscription only

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 25, 2003
the only time i really watched it was

a) when i was REALLY bored and wanted to be numb in the mind
b) soccer saturday

don't watch that much tv anyway, so no point getting sky/virgin, and certainly not worth getting it just because i can't get SSN any more

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As long as its in the news packages then Im cool with that having dirty sky and all.

Jimmy Grimble

Idiot TV for idiots.

Unless Natalie Sawyer or Millie Clode are on.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This decision will FAIL

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Its OK - they are replacing it with Sky 3+1, so now you will never miss Traffic Cops.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There goes my hopes of sky getting crown jewels and airing them on the terrestrial tv via freeview sky sports news.

Is sky one/two/three still available on freeview?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've never watched it before, other than briefly when flicking channels. Now I'll definitely never watch it. Cool.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I spend hours watching that station. It's THE place I go to find out football news, and transfer deadline day will never be the same again, to say nothing of Saturday afternoons with Jeff and the rest. It'll be back to BBC on the red button which is a poor substitute.
But then it's not life or death and I'm sure I'll survive their decision; it certainly won't persuade me to subscribe.

B-boi

Jan 31, 2009
B-town
the only time i really watched it was

a) when i was REALLY bored and wanted to be numb in the mind
b) soccer saturday

don't watch that much tv anyway, so no point getting sky/virgin, and certainly not worth getting it just because i can't get SSN any more

That's a lie Tom, your always watching 'Hogan Knows Best' and 'Brooke knows Best'!!! Infact you watch the most shit out of anyone I know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SSN is one of those channels I leave on in the background when there's nothing else on and I want background noise.

Seems a very strange decision to me. I can't imagine that Sky genuinely think that SSN is going to pull in subscribers; I think they are just taking as much off freeview as possible. Do they have a legal obligation to use that frequency to publish some Sky content? Can't think of any other reason that they'd bother putting Sky 3 +1 on there...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
SSN is one of those channels I leave on in the background when there's nothing else on and I want background noise.

Same as, I rarely actually watch it but it's great to have on in the background as you can learn all the transfer, injury news and scores whilst doing something else.

Bit shit to take it off freeview though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports