Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports News going subscription only

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you stop subscribing to Sky the digibox will still get you all the free to air channels so there is no need to fork out for a Freesat box.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why exactly are people surprised Sky are taking a popular channel off 'free to air'? Like it that much you can pay for it

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why exactly are people surprised Sky are taking a popular channel off 'free to air'? Like it that much you can pay for it

Sky have used SSN on Freeview basically as an advertising vehicle to promote their satellite offerings. Sky3 +1 which replaces it will only be a holding channel along with Virgin1 which it recently acquired.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
BskyB will pick up a fourth slot on Freeview when it takes over the Virgin 1 channel, assuming regulatory clearance is given to its £160m takeover of Virgin Media Television's channels. BSkyB did not buy the licence to continue to operate the Virgin 1 name.

As an obviously behind the times virgin media customer who really doesn't like Sky and all it stands for, can someone enlighten me as to what this copied part of the article is all about!!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I disagree. May struggle for actual news at times, but does a job and can be useful to switch on and get the sports headlnes if you don't have time to wait for the sports slot on the regular news channels.
That is my view as when we have finished watching TV for the evening before going to bed and when I get up in the morning I usually put it on for few minutes to get the headlines then switch it off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gutted if this happens BUT I can confirm that SKY SPORTS is gonna be available on top up tv / freeview from the start of this season - there is still gonna be a court thing about it later in the yr but it's still def going onto freeview for the start of the season...

Prob £20 a month for 1 & 2 - possibly £15 for just 1. Maybe pulling SSN from freeview has something to do with sky being f***ed off with the ofcom ruling re the above?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I lost patience with them when they spent hours covering the aftermath of Chelsea's elimination from the Champions' League. I just wanted the goals from the Brentford game, which I was unable to attend that night, and all we got was Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I lost patience with them when they spent hours covering the aftermath of Chelsea's elimination from the Champions' League. I just wanted the goals from the Brentford game, which I was unable to attend that night, and all we got was Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea.

:thumbsup: Sad isn't it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here