Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still convinced here. His assists have been class and his delivery is great but I think I'd have Murphy and Knockaert all day long. Just seems to lack a number of things compared to the other wingers (March included). That's not to say I don't think he's done well - just not convinced he's the player yet. Of course, I will give him more time to settle and prove me wrong. Work-rate and enthusiasm are brilliant though...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Every delivery was quality tonight, from both Skalak and Knocky. Maybe Skalak has taught our other side players how to deliver a cross or freekick and corner, every one of them was spot on.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Considering he has the skin tone and facial features of a man who spends his downtime in a dark room huffing crystal meth, he can definitely whip a ball in. He's Beckhamesque in that regard.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Considering he has the skin tone and facial features of a man who spends his downtime in a dark room huffing crystal meth, he can definitely whip a ball in. He's Beckhamesque in that regard.
Yeah him and Knockeart, the quality of their crosses, corners, free kicks is amazing. It was brilliant tonight, every ball whipped in curving slightly, perfect from both of them all game

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I believe that is six assists in nine appearances.

Sounds about right, and given that many of those are shortened games (sub or subbed) he must be averaging an assist more or less every 90 mins; that is phenomenal. He can't be dropped, which is harsh on one of Murphy & Knockaert but that's football life.
Harsh too on Solly who must be looking wistfully at what is happening.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not only is he a talisman and the best crosser of the ball the club has seen for a long time, he is a social media genius. 12 minutes after the game, a competition is posted on Facebook to win a signed shirt. Not only can he post whilst on the pitch, but also whilst in the ice bath. Genius.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I like him. There are weaknesses in his game that we probably won't see ironed out until he's properly acclimatised, but his quality is evidenced by his assist statistics. Even last night, when he was probably the weakest of our front 6, he still grabbed himself an assist. It's been a very positive start.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
7199daf7839a44a6f05879ccb606a310.jpg

16th in the league for assists. Not bad for 9 games.

Joint highest at the club with hemed and kayal.

No one got more than 4 assists for us last season either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
As someone said last week 'he's a little bit pony'.
I'm detecting the NSCs habit of all clubbing together behind a player who is not quite good enough but tries hard. Jiri has looked average at best so far but can cross. Shame we can't just bring him on for set pieces because he hasn't offered much else.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't wait till he scores a goal. I imagine his reaction will be well worth the admission fee :lol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As someone said last week 'he's a little bit pony'.
I'm detecting the NSCs habit of all clubbing together behind a player who is not quite good enough but tries hard. Jiri has looked average at best so far but can cross. Shame we can't just bring him on for set pieces because he hasn't offered much else.

Very harsh. He works hard and battles for every ball. Yes, he's not quite got everything right in open play but, when you're getting an assist every game, you can forgive a lot and he'll only fully acclimatise by playing more.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Skalak is a proper player, but playing him on the left is ridiculous and a waste of time. He's a right winger whose biggest strength, and it's a massive strength, is crossing the ball with absolute perfection. His corners are mental, but he wasn't on all of them last night, or the free kicks. Knockaert was brilliant with the ones that he took but when you have a Skalak, you have to use him. I also don't believe that we'll lose anything playing Knockers anywhere else on the pitch.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Skalak is a proper player, but playing him on the left is ridiculous and a waste of time. He's a right winger whose biggest strength, and it's a massive strength, is crossing the ball with absolute perfection. His corners are mental, but he wasn't on all of them last night, or the free kicks. Knockaert was brilliant with the ones that he took but when you have a Skalak, you have to use him. I also don't believe that we'll lose anything playing Knockers anywhere else on the pitch.
Knockaert stays on the right.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here