Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

Poor old Darren Currie always gets forgotten.

Because we went down. Seb Carole's Vicenti-like dribbling also doesn't survive the suppressed memory syndrome

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm struggling to remember a better corner taker than Darren Currie - bar Case ? who could whip one in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's an anomaly. We are weaker with him in the side open play, but stronger with him at set pieces.

Agree with this and thought this during tonight's match. Surprised Murphy came off and not him. However he has time to improve his game & has done well since his move tbf...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poor old Darren Currie always gets forgotten.

Currie was unbelievable at crossing. Just a shame he was about 2 stone overweight for a pro footballer & slow as ****!

Jimmy Grimble

I'd rather we attack down both wings with pass and move/overlapping full backs or slipping through balls into forwards. In Knocky and Murphy we have the players to do that. I don't want our play to become swinging the ball in 30 yards from out wide hoping it hits the head of one of our forwards, it's too hit and miss.

There is actually a vacancy for Hemed's striking partner - if Skalak is so vital for set pieces, why not try him there?

I agree. I'm not convinced he's a winger and not convinced he's capable in the role as the second striker for the reasons stated. Plays with his head down too much and - as of yet - has not shown he's got the nimbleness and agility to play in a position where he will find himself in tight positions under pressure.

Let's hope he can develop into a role that works more fluently in this team.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So that the players know when he is going to take it. Raises arm, starts run up, whips it in. It is the same routine and timing every time.
It's probably routine for his benefit more than the other players, in order get as much consistency as possible. I've also noticed that he marks out his run up far more methodically than you normally see - almost like a goal kicker in rugby.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Think some of the comments on here are overly critical. He's not been the best from open play so far but I'm sure the physicality in this division is miles away from what he is used to, he's still adjusting and has provided some crucial assists in the last few games. Still better than LuaLua last night who, to be frank, did sweet FA.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's probably routine for his benefit more than the other players, in order get as much consistency as possible. I've also noticed that he marks out his run up far more methodically than you normally see - almost like a goal kicker in rugby.

Yeah, that too. Excellent technique and delivery though. He has to start, but not sure where best to play him. His one whipped in cross from open play by the right corner was superb - all Hemed had to do was get a touch. Sadly, he didn't. I would try him up front with Hemed next game and Murphy on the left wing. Knockers on the right, obviously

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Skalak, Knockeart.....couple of class acts if you ask me.......cracking recruitment from the club.

I knew Skalak would put such a quality cross in for the goal. However, how did the ref let them encroach 10 yards for their free kick for their goal? Clown!

TNBA

TTF

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I think he's a quality player. He might not have the pace to beat players on the outside and a bit weak on the ball. But he has time to toughen up for English football. The main this is he can provide quality balls into the box more time than not. That's deadly. Now for the coaching staff to teach him how to work in open play to get the most out of him.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Thought he was poor to be honest. His delivery was inconsistent and he just lacks something for me.

Be amazed if Knockeart and Murphy don't start on the wings Friday.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Kit Napier didn't need any body to head corners in for him.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
He is getting used to English football. I suspect he will come into his own next season.

I agree ,give the man some time and he will come good , you don't become an international for a decent European team without being a good player

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good at the dead ball stuff but jury is still out on his general play, which imho he has looked lightweight and gives the ball away too much. Hoping he comes good though!
You do realise he's played in 8 games, 4 from the bench.
Those 8 games being for a new team, new league, different country, different language.

Talk about tough crowd.
'Hoping he comes good', before the fella has even unpacked is somewhat melodramatic.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
another attempt at assassinating one of the players what nonsense. We won, we are third can we stop the negativity please. He might not be the winger we all expected but he made a telling contribution for a goal AND he did a lot of tidying up work when we were under pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here