Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you think the win was comfortable today fair play to you

It doesn't matter if it was comfortable or we scrapped in , at the end of the game, we had 3 goals, they had 2, so we got the 3 points.
If we get to the end of the season in a promotion position, the record books will say we went up, not they only just scrapped it.

Derby would swop their results over this eeason, so far for ours.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought we played things too narrow in the first half, looked so much better when we sprayed it wide. Anyway, although it was only a few mins, Jiri looked good - a few good touches and passes, a good tackle and was happy to try to run the ball out from the back and take a foul, so he's confident. Still has the look of someone who can't believe he's playing in front of 25k+. Think he is going to be a diamond.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Publius, I realise that it is sometimes difficult for Latin speakers to pick up contemporary colloquialisms, but I think the phrase you're looking for is 'dog's bollocks', not 'Mutt's Nuts'...............

I was being ironic.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry, have to disagree with you there. I found his rendition of GOSBTS to be somewhat lacklustre.

He he......great basso profundo mate. Btw bad luck against Wales. Scotland just seem to lack that killer instinct!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I like the bloke. It's like he has won a competition to be a professional footballer

larus

Skalak is a quality midfield player but we already those in plenty, without strikers disappointment looms on the horizon

Suggest you look at the table. Only Hull, Burnley and Wednesday have scored more in the top half. I would say our problem is conceding too many. For example, not being able to hold a lead against Derby and QPR. The better chance we create, the more likely the strikers will score anyway. With the attacking wide options available, I'm really confident for the run-in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking at the squad, I got incredibly excited that Skalak had been given the No. 38 shirt, which meant that No.11 was being kept free!

Then I remembered...

On a not-very-related-at-all subject, somebody was telling me at the match yesterday about a Tottenham player by the name of Harry Winks. Sadly he hasn't been given the No.40 shirt.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I would say our problem is conceding too many. For example, not being able to hold a lead against Derby and QPR.

I feel that I have to blame Dunk for most of those goals too, just an auto response to this comment, not sure if the stats support it....I didn't notice if he had a hand in Bolton's 2 yesterday......but he has cropped up in these scenarios more than a few times this year.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I feel that I have to blame Dunk for most of those goals too, just an auto response to this comment, not sure if the stats support it....I didn't notice if he had a hand in Bolton's 2 yesterday......but he has cropped up in these scenarios more than a few times this year.

Dunk wasn't to blame for either goal against Derby or QPR. And no, no he wasn't at fault yesterday.

Still, the initial post that you commented on is right, we do concede too many. But actually, many of those goals came in our poor run which is a blessing in some way as many of the goals conceded came all at once. Hull will be a big test at the back though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Dunk wasn't to blame for either goal against Derby or QPR. And no, no he wasn't at fault yesterday.

Still, the initial post that you commented on is right, we do concede too many. But actually, many of those goals came in our poor run which is a blessing in some way as many of the goals conceded came all at once. Hull will be a big test at the back though.
Dunk was at fault for the second goal at QPR. Had he not been sent off for a very rash challenge, it is likely we'd have secured all three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here