Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Nick Clegg ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lots of us about, 48% of the population who bothered to vote in fact.

Not at all. A great many of remainers (including the Government) have come round to working towards, and thereby tacitly accepting and supporting Brexit. I salute them all, supporters of democracy.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not at all. A great many of remainers (including the Government) have come round to working towards, and thereby tacitly accepting and supporting Brexit. I salute them all, supporters of democracy.

And many former Brexiteers have seen the error of their ways, but as l say, let's not reignite this whole argument again. All too late now, we will reluctantly have to let 'democracy' take it's course.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

And you don’t “salute” those who democratically hold a different opinion from you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And you don’t “salute” those who democratically hold a different opinion from you?
Yes I do. They hold a different opinion to mine, and they have decided to accept the vote of the majority. They are real democrats (unlike some) and I salute them. Do you not also salute them for their support of democracy?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes I do. They hold a different opinion to mine, and they have decided to accept the vote of the majority. They are real democrats (unlike some) and I salute them. Do you not also salute them for their support of democracy?

You decided not to answer my question, you thinking about runnng for Parliament GT? :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Good old honourable Cleggars propped up the Tory Government and lead his party to a devastating defeat ....

... now vying with Blair to be the poster boy for all extreme undemocratic loonerati types. :facepalm:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm still not convinced that this isn't a joke - why would he get a knighthood? How is there ANY argument that he should get one for doing a pretty irrelevant job for just 5 years.

If being Deputy PM qualifies you for a knighthood, regardless of what happened during the tenure, then the whole system is even more pointless than it seems.

And where's Tony Blair's knighthood for being the Prime Minister for 10 years?

:laugh:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Personally I couldn't give a monkeys which time serving, lickspittle, political Pygmy, receives these quite ridiculous baubles. We ridicule foreign potentates for their row upon row of fake medals, awards, and shiny trinkets, and yet, we as a supposedly modern country, hand out the monarchs favours to just about anyone, a majority of whom are only doing their job.
I give you, Sade, Barbara Windsor, numerous politicians, Oficers in the armed forces, and local Government officials
And, I haven't even mentioned, Saville, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall, Jeffery Archer etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nonsense. May has not 'come round'. She has calculated it suits her and her party best to take Cameron's ball(s up) and run with it. What I would like to know is if a referendum is binding how can we turn our back on the result of the previous one (the1975 referendum)? If we can say 'oh, when I married my wife she didn't say anything about getting fat' er, I mean 'when we joined the common market nobody said anything about them coming over here, taking our jobs and going on the dole' then we can also say 'this Brexit deal you ****wits have cobbled togther, **** that, we need to have a third referendum and stay in'. 'Supporters of democracy' my arse. :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nonsense. May has not 'come round'. She has calculated it suits her and her party best to take Cameron's ball(s up) and run with it. What I would like to know is if a referendum is binding how can we turn our back on the result of the previous one (the1975 referendum)? If we can say 'oh, when I married my wife she didn't say anything about getting fat' er, I mean 'when we joined the common market nobody said anything about them coming over here, taking our jobs and going on the dole' then we can also say 'this Brexit deal you ****wits have cobbled togther, **** that, we need to have a third referendum and stay in'. 'Supporters of democracy' my arse. :lolol:

I do like you HWT but your knowledge of our legal system is diabolical. The referendum was nothing but advisory. It is very simple. That is the law. But the government rightly decided to act on it given the weight they put behind the referendum. But you know all of this, you just choose to forget. And btw they are making such a mess that staying in is the right option now

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
No problem from me. Seemed genuine to me. People ripped into the LD's because of Student fees, but although it was in a manifesto, when in coalition, something gives? Not sure what though :)

Jan 30, 2008
I do like you HWT but your knowledge of our legal system is diabolical. The referendum was nothing but advisory. It is very simple. That is the law. But the government rightly decided to act on it given the weight they put behind the referendum. But you know all of this, you just choose to forget. And btw they are making such a mess that staying in is the right option now
:timmy:
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Just out of interest - slight, admittedly, but definitely there - did you (a) spend the Millenium years supporting the Blair government and doing what you could to help it work towards its aims or (b) argue against it in a way that didn't break the law whilst doing what you could - by becoming an activist with an opposition party perhaps - to encourage the nation in a different direction?

If your answer is B then your criticism of remain supporters for doing the same smacks of hypocracy.

(By the way, If you decide to respond please don't invoke the tired old cliche of Remainers refusing to 'accept' the result. Every Remainer I know accepts the result happened. That doesn't mean they can't work for it to be reversed, or its damage limited. Just as thousands of Tory and UKIP members did for years when pursuing their own causes. Having one rule for those who agree with you and another for those that don't is a mark of fanaticism.)

Jan 30, 2008
Just out of interest - slight, admittedly, but definitely there - did you (a) spend the Millenium years supporting the Blair government and doing what you could to help it work towards its aims or (b) argue against it in a way that didn't break the law whilst doing what you could - by becoming an activist with an opposition party perhaps - to encourage the nation in a different direction?

If your answer is B then your criticism of remain supporters for doing the same smacks of hypocracy.

(By the way, If you decide to respond please don't invoke the tired old cliche of Remainers refusing to 'accept' the result. Every Remainer I know accepts the result happened. That doesn't mean they can't work for it to be reversed, or its damage limited. Just as thousands of Tory and UKIP members did for years when pursuing their own causes. Having one rule for those who agree with you and another for those that don't is a mark of fanaticism.)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :facepalm:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here