Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Nick Clegg ?

Well done that man, one of the finest politicians of our time

Convinced enough liberals they were really soft Tories, ensuring the growth of Conservatism and Brexit. Nick did Brexit

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So glad 'I agree with Nick' has got his K, it may convince a few more people what a total load of nonsense the whole honours system is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
100% correct and their contempt for our democratic process and the Uk electorate is of course just validating one of the reasons why people told them to take a running jump.

The democratic process is that the referendum was advisory not binding. 63% of the electorate didn't vote for Bexit, & Article 50 can be abandoned, reversed & revoked, as confirmed by the man who wrote it.

You may not like it, but that is truthful.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The democratic process is that the referendum was advisory not binding. 63% of the electorate didn't vote for Bexit, & Article 50 can be abandoned, reversed & revoked, as confirmed by the man who wrote it.

And only 35% of the electorate voted to remain...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Brexit-decision-650-1.jpg

???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Convinced enough liberals they were really soft Tories, ensuring the growth of Conservatism and Brexit. Nick did Brexit

Us Brits never really got a grip with what coalition governments do.

There's give and take, in the case of the Clegg he had to give on some of his policies, but had some wins on others.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just been looking at the New Years honours list which is a fantastic way to honour those who have selflessly given of themselves for the betterment of others

With that in mind what has Nick Clegg done to deserve such a high honour, I really think political awards should be separated from the New Years honours and instead subjected to a public TV vote as part a Sports personality of the year type of evening

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
My first posting has 16 likes - your first 5 had one - was that your mum?!?

Anyway, there's nothing more desperate than someone who posts four times in quick succession, each posting a minor variation of the theme that you hate Clegg.

You would do better to stop repeating yourself (#crushingbore) and try and develop your arguments.

You're being too coy, you should set up a public campaign supporting this knighthood what with the tsunami of support you have been given on this thread.

The naysayers have, so you have no time to lose......good luck!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/po...-Liberal-Democrat-Sir-Petition-Coalition-Fees

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just been looking at the New Years honours list which is a fantastic way to honour those who have selflessly given of themselves for the betterment of others

I never realised Eamonn Holmes did all that TV twattery for free.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just written to my MP

As my MP I feel I must write requesting that you consider supporting some future changes to the current system of New Years honours, a much loved system which I am sure you agree is a fantastic way for the nation to honour those who have selflessly given of themselves for the betterment of others

With that in mind I struggle to understand the level awards given to some politicians I am not saying professional politicians are not deserving of recognition after all it's a worthy public duty but the level of awards appears far to high and in my opinion only debases awards given to individuals outside of the political world when a CBE is awarded to a politician for what amounts to failure, while an individual who has provided warm loving homes to a hundred children over decades receives an MBE surely these awards are incorrect?

My proposal for the credibility of the Honours system to continue into the future is that all political awards should be separated from the New Years honours and instead a separate awards panel be set up with its members being from the House of Lords to form a cross party group of peers who could create a shortlist of politicians or those whom have contributed towards political parties and are felt worthy of an award are put forward to the Queen and maybe for the very highest awards a shortlist put to a public TV vote as part of a year end type of evening where a light could be shone on the good works they have done in achieving such recognition (I was thinking of the likes of Lord Ashcroft)

I have written to you previously regarding the disconnect between the political elite and this is a example of such.

I hope you can support this as a future policy and look forward to hearing your views on the subject?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Just written to my MP

As my MP I feel I must write requesting that you consider supporting some future changes to the current system of New Years honours, a much loved system which I am sure you agree is a fantastic way for the nation to honour those who have selflessly given of themselves for the betterment of others

With that in mind I struggle to understand the level awards given to some politicians I am not saying professional politicians are not deserving of recognition after all it's a worthy public duty but the level of awards appears far to high and in my opinion only debases awards given to individuals outside of the political world when a CBE is awarded to a politician for what amounts to failure, while an individual who has provided warm loving homes to a hundred children over decades receives an MBE surely these awards are incorrect?

My proposal for the credibility of the Honours system to continue into the future is that all political awards should be separated from the New Years honours and instead a separate awards panel be set up with its members being from the House of Lords to form a cross party group of peers who could create a shortlist of politicians or those whom have contributed towards political parties and are felt worthy of an award are put forward to the Queen and maybe for the very highest awards a shortlist put to a public TV vote as part of a year end type of evening where a light could be shone on the good works they have done in achieving such recognition (I was thinking of the likes of Lord Ashcroft)

I have written to you previously regarding the disconnect between the political elite and this is a example of such.

I hope you can support this as a future policy and look forward to hearing your views on the subject?

You are being too polite, Clegg has long been a campaigner for an elected second chamber and stated after his GE defeat that "ermine was not his thing".

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-house-election-defeat-lib-dems-a7788031.html

Politicians should put up or shut up.

Jan 30, 2008
The way you paint the world you would think the vote was 98:2 not 52:48. The country is split and he has a voice for an element of the population. He is no poster boy but still relevant....

Awaits usual tirade of bile :bla:
says one of the 20% hard core Grizzlers, give it up :lolol:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here