Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sir Glenn Is Moving In Down the Road.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Michael at the Royal Oak used to do an annual bbq for our running club - always excellent. Eaten there a few other times and it’s always been good, the ploughman’s in particular 🙂. Also got a pal who lives in the lodges just up the road from the pub who is a regular. Some lovely walks around there, and the fishing on the Adur is excellent

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Michael at the Royal Oak used to do an annual bbq for our running club - always excellent. Eaten there a few other times and it’s always been good, the ploughman’s in particular 🙂. Also got a pal who lives in the lodges just up the road from the pub who is a regular. Some lovely walks around there, and the fishing on the Adur is excellent
Amen to that.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
The Lodges look the bollocks in the Countryside next to the pub think the owners are Brighton fans

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I take no notice that the landlord is a Palace fan. The Royal Oak on Wineham Lane is one of the best pubs in Sussex. I can see it might be a bit cliquey but we tend to visit on bikes and sit outside. When we have eaten there it's always been good, and the beer is straight from the barrel and is always a great pint.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Some tremendous pedantry though.
IMG_3313.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I think he bought the land a couple of years ago . Withdean road is getting busier with traffic up and down all the time and i think he’s looking for something that looks bespoke and a one off as opposed to the 3 houses that all were built by the same developer to the same style that don’t have big gardens .

He’s a nice chap and his wife is lovely too .

They’ll get a good price, the house they’ll be selling is a lovely contemporary home imho.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Lodges look the bollocks in the Countryside next to the pub think the owners are Brighton fans
They’re very nice - my mate got a brand new one, you design it to your own spec and it’s delivered in two or three bits on lorries. It’s got at least as much space as his 3 bed house in Burgess Hill had and cost less than half (building plus plot) what he sold that for. You can’t live there all year round (no council tax etc) so most of the residents decamp to Spain or wherever for a month (it shuts for January).

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They’ll get a good price, the house they’ll be selling is a lovely contemporary home imho.
Yes, nice house that I used to pass a couple of times a day. The spec is very good. On a bit of a rat run and inconsiderate parking. For the sort of money it cost I think I’d buy elsewhere.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Did you know that the pub name “Royal Oak” originated after King Charles II hid in an Oak Tree on his way to the port of Shoreham (yes that Shoreham) before hopping into a dinghy and fleeing to France in 1651.

Apparently it’s the 3rd most popular pub name in the U.K.

A nice factoid for Glenn if he’s reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here