Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Bobby Charlton RIP

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very sad news World Cup winner European Cup winner World player of the year fantastic who I had the pleasure of seeing him play while at Preston North End
I was only aged 6 in 1966 and can remember more about the emotions of the adults around me watching on TV than the actual game itself, but of those players from 1966 with the passing of Sir Bobby Charlton it now only leaves Sir Geoff Hurst as the only World Cup winning English man still alive while of those watching only my brother and myself are still in this world

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
As a kid, I always wanted to go to his soccer school.

His passing is a sad loss for football, not just in England but across the world. A titan of the game.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Never saw him play.
I did. White Harte Lane 1965 Spurs 5 Manchester United 1. After one of the greatest goals I have ever seen by Jimmy Greaves, Manchester United's consolation was an absolute screamer from 30 yards or more out that nobody (Pat Jennings in this case?) would have got near. Legend. RIP.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Had the honour of meeting Sir Bobby on several occasions. An absolute gentleman and he even wrote a letter supporting the planning process for Falmer.
Apparently he was the Queens favorite Knight of the Realm and she always called him Sir Robert
Very sad day but alas we knew it was coming.
RIP Sir Robert

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was the greatest.
RIP Sir Robert.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
At his time the comb over was the more fashionable look than the shaved head of balding men.
RIP a great player

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
So sad to hear of Sir Bobby passing on today. Made me quite emotional to be honest.

Was lucky enough to see him play 3 times in the early 70's thanks to my love of George Best.

RIP Sir Bobby, a gentleman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here