Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Bobby Charlton RIP

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Was brought up in the wake of Munich and he has always been a footballing legend throughout my lifetime. Met him around 1990 when one of my lads won a week on one of his soccer schools in Crawley. Had a few chats with him over the week. Such a lovely guy and so down to earth.
Dementia is a shit and the only good news coming out of this is that he and his family/friends don’t have to deal with it any more.
RIP Sir Bobby you legend, I will take my memories of you to my grave.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
dont think he was ever booked
Twice in his career according to Sky News, which is next to never given how many games he played

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A gentleman and a player. RIP Sir Bobby.
Exactly what I was going to say. I will add though that its likely he is the last of a generation that played hard but fair.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very sad but nobody could say he didn’t live a full life.
RIP

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Steve McLaren visibly upset at the minutes applause at Sheffield United

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I did. White Harte Lane 1965 Spurs 5 Manchester United 1. After one of the greatest goals I have ever seen by Jimmy Greaves, Manchester United's consolation was an absolute screamer from 30 yards or more out that nobody (Pat Jennings in this case?) would have got near. Legend. RIP.
I was there too, aged 15. Greaves goal was one of those WOW moments where you had to pinch yourself that you had just witnessed it. Mitoma at Wolves recently hit me in a similar way. Bobby's consolation goal at WHL almost went under the radar.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
England legend. RIP. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Twice in his career according to Sky News, which is next to never given how many games he played
One of which was for Man Utd and apparently got rescinded. The other was against Argentina in the '66 World Cup quarter final. That's frankly another badge of honour for him to get booked in that game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP, a statesman for the game of football

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of which was for Man Utd and apparently got rescinded. The other was against Argentina in the '66 World Cup quarter final. That's frankly another badge of honour for him to get booked in that game.
Yellow cards weren’t used until the Mexico World Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here