Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers who IRRITATE you

I forget his name but the Razorlight frontman never managed to seem anything less than an utter tit.

Edit; Also, any of the myriad 'I do what I want' younger ones out there. Bieber and Cyrus to name two, they seem to have confused rebellious with obnoxious.

Another excellent call. Michael Jackson, singer of my all time least favourite "Earth Song". I will always respect Jarvis Cocker for expressing his views on this song at the Brits/Mercury many years ago.

...Won't hear a word said against the lovely Ellie Goulding. She has a voice that is very different in a good way.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Katie Melua - nice looking lass but that sickly sweet image and delivery just makes me want to vom!

Elton John - Post 1979

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Lily Allen
Kate Nash

Anyone like the above two who basically just speak their songs in a REALLY annoying affected "common" accent. There is ZERO talent in doing that, and some of both of the above's rhymes are utterly embarrassing.

The singer from that band The 1975 - horribly "fashionable" voice. No depth to it whatsoever.

Mumford and Sons, purely because the melody of every song is exactly identical.

I get you. I caught a glimpse of Robbie Williams on tv last weekend speaking the words to his latest pile of dogs mess. The majority of the brain-dead public seem to think he can do no wrong. That smug look on his face as well. He needs launching. Don't get me started on his 'bestie' Jonathan Wilkes. Imagine being a little bit famous for a few days every year(Soccer Aid) just because you're somebodies best mate :wanker:

Olly Murs is another total ****.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Rihanna - irritating voice, irritating songs, irritating persona

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Any male over 30 who preys on the fragile emotions of teenagers by pretending himself to still be an emotionally fragile teenager.

gerard-way-1-sized.jpg

My mom doesn't understand me either, dude.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has anyone heard that new Gary Barlow 'track' by the way? ****ing hilarious, sounds like an even shitter Mumford and Sons.

I didn't know that was possible.........

But to answer the question it's Bruno Mars for me. He can successfully pastiche any musical style of the 20th century - except any that were any good. And he's short. And he dresses like Michael Jackson. And my son loves his first album so much my Mrs plays it on any car trip where she wants him to shut up.......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Eva Cassidy - I know it is a tragic story and so on, and my daughters both love her, but I really can't stand her style of singing and her oh so obvious breathing - Some (huge intake of breath) where over the rainbow.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned James Blunt, yet.

And I wish Phil Collins had struck to drumming, although I am aware of his back problems.

EDIT: They just did - above

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This to the power of n. UB40 are top of my "bands I actively dislike" - how many of them did it need to make their atonal monotous droning "music".

They probably had a shifting personnel rota in order to stave off the monotony.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Eva Cassidy - I know it is a tragic story and so on, and my daughters both love her, but I really can't stand her style of singing and her oh so obvious breathing - Some (huge intake of breath) where over the rainbow.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned James Blunt, yet.

And I wish Phil Collins had struck to drumming, although I am aware of his back problems.

All of these. Excellent calls.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That weird warbler from Antony and the Johnsons is pretty dire too.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Macy Gray and how about Amy Winehouse? Neither can or could actually sing in tune.

Fortunately, neither seem to be producing any more blackboard scratchings...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here