Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers who IRRITATE you

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can cope with WILLIAMS, but Gary Barlow and his Cheshire whine really get to me, especially as the misuse fancies the pants off him, I keep pointing out that he is a BOSS-EYED DWARF, but to no avail. I had the misfortune of seeing him briefly on the Beeb last night, singing alongside BAZZA MANILOW, who looks as if he has been dripped in goose fat as a result of too many visits to the plastic surgeon, but at least he knows he's a tit.

View attachment 48714

I had the misfortune to turn on the TV at that point and saw Manilow " sing ". Well, I think he was singing but it was hard to tell as he has had such a tight facelift done that he can't seem to open his mouth wider than a slit .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
All boy bands, Shakin' Stevens, girl bands such as Bewitched, Girls Aloud etc, Freddy Mercury and especially here, AC/DC and FFS Jimmy Barnes.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Bono.

There's nothing about him I like.

This - but also, purely on the basis of irritating whiny voices:

Damon Albarn (less so when Blur started using loads of scuzzy feedback and therefore disguising his voice)
Florence (of Machine fame)
Kate Nash

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
If this is now the case, then what is the point of the word 'literally' if it can mean figuratively or actually literally?!
"I literally had a heart attack when I saw that"
"Omfgz lol"
"No, I actually did"
"Oh. Then why did you say literally?"

etc etc.

I literally agree with you 100%

Or do I?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I can cope with WILLIAMS, but Gary Barlow and his Cheshire whine really get to me, especially as the misuse fancies the pants off him, I keep pointing out that he is a BOSS-EYED DWARF, but to no avail. I had the misfortune of seeing him briefly on the Beeb last night, singing alongside BAZZA MANILOW, who looks as if he has been dripped in goose fat as a result of too many visits to the plastic surgeon, but at least he knows he's a tit.

View attachment 48714

FFS He looks like a cabbage patch doll. I cant stand that trollop who sings with M Poeple. Hate her voice

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A couple that have already been mentioned, Celine Dion, and Robbie Williams, but I'd also throw in Alexandra Burke. I saw her interviewed about a year, and a couple of minor "hits" after the X-factor, and she was all diva-tastic, sounding like she'd been around for YEARS. No love, you are NOT Beyonce, you are fighting and scrapping to avoid being the latest x-factor winner who bombs faster than George Bush with his finger on the button.

Alexandre Burke is f**king woeful , but so are most the X Factor lot.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If we're going on annoying voices, the lead singers of Kings of Leon and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lily Allen
Kate Nash

Anyone like the above two who basically just speak their songs in a REALLY annoying affected "common" accent. There is ZERO talent in doing that, and some of both of the above's rhymes are utterly embarrassing.

The singer from that band The 1975 - horribly "fashionable" voice. No depth to it whatsoever.

Mumford and Sons, purely because the melody of every song is exactly identical.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Liam Gallagher. Celine dion. Mariah Carey has started to these last five years or so. Justin bieber.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Lily Allen
Kate Nash

Anyone like the above two who basically just speak their songs in a REALLY annoying affected "common" accent. There is ZERO talent in doing that, and some of both of the above's rhymes are utterly embarrassing.

The singer from that band The 1975 - horribly "fashionable" voice. No depth to it whatsoever.

Mumford and Sons, purely because the melody of every song is exactly identical.

One of my favourites from Nashers:

"I've got a family,
And I drink cups of tea"

:ffsparr:

Also, agree on all of these, especially the bloke from the 1975.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FFS He looks like a cabbage patch doll. I cant stand that trollop who sings with M Poeple. Hate her voice

Heather Small, who also occasionally plays for Manchester United

20027506.jpg

887290-14883289-640-360.jpg

Attachments

• rubbish-solo-heather-small.jpg
    rubbish-solo-heather-small.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 96

Ali Campbell, late of UB 40 is another mumbler and also has such a monotonous delivery to render their entire back catalogue depressing.

This to the power of n. UB40 are top of my "bands I actively dislike" - how many of them did it need to make their atonal monotous droning "music".

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

View attachment 48714

I was on the PC last night but could hear him as the other half likes all these concerts
the man can't sing in key now ......time to retire mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here