Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

Dec 29, 2011
He's not ready get, completing his loan would be more beneficial. With Mitoma and Ferguson now in the mix, Trossard leaving won't be a huge loss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Football internet's flabber will be well and truly agast if this lad turns out to be the real deal, what with him being an Ivorian called Simon.

We're already on thin ice with Ecuadorian Jeremy.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just based on this one promo - He doesn’t seem to have Mitoma’s balance imo but incredibly fast sprints on the breaks and physically looks steam-roller powerful and very agile, so would be useful against tall defenders - be interesting to see how he pans out - worth watching.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He doesn’t have Mitoma’s balance imo but incredibly fast on the breaks and physically looks steam roller-powerful, something we are maybe lacking a little of still - worth watching.
He is quite a bit younger, so there is time to develop in those areas.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He is quite a bit younger, so there is time to develop in those areas.
sorry was still editing my post - (you were very quick to respond!) - but agree totally and USG a great club for our loanees to do that in.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Looks like a great addition. Can't wait to see him fly past players in the blue and white.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'll say what so many say: so one-footed. Except they don't say that when the player is right-footed, only when they're left-footed.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Looks as good as Mitoma did at USG:

Blimey. He looks good there. I suppose it depends on whether they were considering integrating him in the summer. If so maybe a few months early wouldn't hurt. We will be light if Tross goes.

I like that little chop he has that seems to catch everyone out. Like Mitomas trademark little slowdown step/dummy before breezing past you. It looks like you SHOULD be able to stop it but no one can figure out quite how

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Going to be very good but think he needs to see out the season playing every game then come back here to push for playtime. Enciso may need a loan next season I agree as looks more a squad depth option at this stage (nothing wrong with that). For now we need Enciso backing up occasionally and settling in the squad.

Additionally I'd probably predict our new Argie having sporadic minutes to mean we don't recall Adingra yet. Like Enciso he might get more from being in the UK/Brighton and focused on training and being ready, rather than playing too much until next year. They can split that depth role you want Adingra for for now.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Strange to see Ivory Coast struggling so much these days… they used to be the team in Africa! Now they struggle to even qualify

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Strange to see Ivory Coast struggling so much these days… they used to be the team in Africa! Now they struggle to even qualify
That was Ivory Coasts first defeat of the qualifying stage and along with Zambia they’ve already qualified for the final stage from their group.

They’ve made the finals now in 4 of the last 5 AFCONs, the 2020 tournament being the exception.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here