Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Feels like we are going to do a 'dobbie' all over again and end up signing someone halfway down Gus's wishlist who will be mediocre at best. We will scrape into the playoffs on the last day of the season and then Barnes will be on the bench by default, come on and score a last minute winner against Palace at Wembley, and we will all be two faced bar stewards all over again.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
And that's what I don't understand why did he not make it quiet clear from day one.
Totally agree, surely this should have been put to bed days ago.

I fully expect to get bashed for this but what have the management been doing for the last few weeks, it seems ages ago that Gus said he was looking for a loan player and yet a couple of hours to go we have got bugger all. Do the club want to get into the Plaly Off's or not from my sofa it looks like the later.

Surely the income from the last five match season tickets would cover someone's wage or was beating the Palace to be our last hoorah.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Feels like we are going to do a 'dobbie' all over again and end up signing someone halfway down Gus's wishlist who will be mediocre at best. We will scrape into the playoffs on the last day of the season and then Barnes will be on the bench by default, come on and score a last minute winner against Palace at Wembley, and we will all be two faced bar stewards all over again.

Alternatively, we could sign someone half way down Gus' wishlist who we don't rate and they end up being key contributors for us...Tony Rougier, Warren Aspinall, Junior Lewis, Gifton Noel-WIlliams are all players off the top of my head who probably fall into this category.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Deal is as dead as a dodo now, I've heard that Norwich pulled out at the last minute, in hindsight we really should have sorted this before last weekend.

Yes that's it, I imagine Gus and Tony are thinking "If only we'd bothered to sort this out a week ago rather than sitting around doing nothing and thinking it doesn't matter, we'll just sort it out on deadline day, we would have got a striker in".

Seriously.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Totally agree, surely this should have been put to bed days ago.

I fully expect to get bashed for this but what have the management been doing for the last few weeks, it seems ages ago that Gus said he was looking for a loan player and yet a couple of hours to go we have got bugger all. Do the club want to get into the Plaly Off's or not from my sofa it looks like the later.

Surely the income from the last five match season tickets would cover someone's wage or was beating the Palace to be our last hoorah.

As with the above. Please post the players who have moved on loan that YOU feel we should have signed.

It's hardly like we missed out on any GEMS is it. The fact we were even linked with a move for a player as good as Jackson on loan suprised me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes that's it, I imagine Gus and Tony are thinking "If only we'd bothered to sort this out a week ago rather than sitting around doing nothing and thinking it doesn't matter, we'll just sort it out on deadline day, we would have got a striker in".

Seriously.

Exactly. I am always happy to listen to peoples opinions without personally criticising them, but some of the stuff on here is actual stupidity.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Exactly. I am always happy to listen to peoples opinions without personally criticising them, but some of the stuff on here is actual stupidity.

I've no doubt that the club have been working very hard to sign a loan striker but sadly it doesn't seem to have come off. Gus might have been better saying that he would do everything possible to get a loan striker in rather than pledging one but we are where we are and now need to move forward with what we've got.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've no doubt that the club have been working very hard to sign a loan striker but sadly it doesn't seem to have come off. Gus might have been better saying that he would do everything possible to get a loan striker in rather than pledging one but we are where we are and now need to move forward with what we've got.

Hopefully, we can still scrape into the playoffs.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

You fully deserve to get bashed because its a completely idiotic thing to say. Do you really think the management have just been sitting around not bothering to try and get anyone in? How many top level Championship strikers have gone out on loan that we have missed out on? If you were a Premier League striker on the fringes of the first team, would you go on loan to a team in 7th place in the Championship to play second fiddle to Ulloa? This loan striker is the most difficult signing we've tried to make all season, there are very, very few players / clubs that the deal would suit. Or would you disagree with that?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Maybe if people didn't hang on to his every single word they wouldn't get annoyed?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Alternatively, we could sign someone half way down Gus' wishlist who we don't rate and they end up being key contributors for us...Tony Rougier, Warren Aspinall, Junior Lewis, Gifton Noel-WIlliams are all players off the top of my head who probably fall into this category.

The list you quote were at a time when the Club was a world away from where it is now. But yes, they did a job.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Seriously.

More before Gus went away on holiday and Jackson went off on international duty - but carry on.....

At least if we had wrapped it up earlier Norwich wouldnt have screwed us over, but then hindsight.......

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Seriously.

Hawktheseagull in making up stories the whole time shocker

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As with the above. Please post the players who have moved on loan that YOU feel we should have signed.

It's hardly like we missed out on any GEMS is it. The fact we were even linked with a move for a player as good as Jackson on loan suprised me.

Exactly, there's only about 2 sides in the Prem who can say they've nothing much to play for now so all the rest will be keeping hold of their first and second string leaving pretty well nothing. It was always going to be "a long shot"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here