Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's brilliant isn't it. It's the fact he's found the link and then STILL decided he would use it, despite it's shoddyness.

At least it shows he has a sense of humour during these stressful times.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
makes poyet's holiday to barbados look a bit silly now doesn't it.

thats what summers are for.

poyet and strikers don't mix too well.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
makes poyet's holiday to barbados look a bit silly now doesn't it.

jesus_bicycle.jpg

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
If we pretty much had Jackson lined up and NC pulled out at the last minute that's hardly Poyet's fault. Will interesting to see if we have a back up in place...

Someone like Sam Vokes wouldn't be a disaster as he is pretty much gonna sit on the bench if Ulloa remains fit.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
wow. yes. You've pulled out a blinder there.

Why don't YOU tell us all, from that BRILLIANT list, you YOU would have signed.

Or will you just ignore this?

In our current plight, I would give serious consideration to all of the following. All now at Championship clubs:

Aruna Dindane
Jermaine Easter
Marko Futacs
Sammy Ameobi
Jonathan Obika
Theo Robinson
George Boyd (playing behind Ulloa)
Harry Kane
David Bentley (winger with goals)
Benik Afobe
DJ Campbell

Wake up!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Of course i dont know the negotiations but poyet has said publically he wants a striker with no recall only and that was why it was difficult. Its perfectly reasonable to assume based on poyets own comments he wanted jackson on that basis, as he said he wasnt interested in a striker with recall option, and even more so if norwich yesterday thought the deal was a goer and today "as they are still not safe from relegation" nobody is leaving.

Hardly jackanory and a reasonable assumption, unless of course you dont follow poyets quoted comments

It's still 90% assumption.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In our current plight, I would give serious consideration to all of the following. All now at Championship clubs:

Aruna Dindane
Jermaine Easter
Marko Futacs
Sammy Ameobi
Jonathan Obika
Theo Robinson
Harry Kane
David Bentley (winger with goals)
Benik Afobe
DJ Campbell

Wake up!

I'd have a rant online at you if you panic-bought any of those dismal and mostly unhelpful bitparters. And i am not the ranting whyisthisallhappeningidon'tunderstanditbahbahwaffle sort.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To add more joy into the situation..

Barker is in court during the playoffs.

At least Barnes is back for them :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So assuming that we don't sign a loan striker today, as now looks likely, what happens (god forbid) if Ulloa gets injured at the weekend, or shortly thereafter? What options would we then have? Buckley as a makeshift centre forward with his dodgy hamstrings? Throw Toby in at the deep end? I'm not being intentionally gloomy but the absence of a loan striker today could really come back to bite us bigtime if our bad luck continues.

Let's hope for a decent last minute signing. No doubt the club are working hard on this.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Aruna Dindane
Jermaine Easter
Marko Futacs
Sammy Ameobi
Jonathan Obika
Theo Robinson
Harry Kane
Benik Afobe
DJ Campbell

Wake up!

Wow.

what a BRILLIANT list.

I'm sorry. Clearly you've destroyed my argument there.

Oh apart from Dindane who Palace openly admit is unfit
and Ellington who is so bad now he went to Crewe from 'unattached' and Jeffers who has gone to Accrington and Ameobi who moved before our crisis and Futacs who moved before our crisis.

So that minus the ones who arent good enough leaves us with DJ Campbell who also moved BEFORE our crisis in a move which is a loan with view to a permanent deal with Blackburn.

Comprehensive, apart from the small flaws.

Last edited:

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
So assuming that we don't sign a loan striker today, as now looks likely, what happens (god forbid) if Ulloa gets injured at the weekend, or shortly thereafter? What options would we then have? Buckley as a makeshift centre forward? I'm not being intentionally gloomy but the absence of a loan striker today could really come back to bite us bigtime if our bad luck continues.

Let's hope for a decent last minute signing. No doubt the club are working hard on this.

I posted same earlier - I think Buckley, Vicente, and even Kaz could stand in in last resort. Not all doom and gloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here