Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIGNING: Monakana Signs Development Contract Until June 2015

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems happy on either wing, which is a plus, and is very direct. Lets hope he trains on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is why I love BHA. He hasn't kicked a ball yet and we can still moan. Absolute quality. See you on the East Terrace when safe standing comes back and we can get the real old grumpy East Terrace atmosphere back just like in the Goldstone heydays.

In all the years I have been on here...and Christ knows it's been many many years, this is the best post that there has ever been.

Top top man!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why would you be underwhelmed? At no point does it say this is our only signing in January or anything like that. We're signing a number of young players at the moment. Some will make it and some won't but it is exciting that we're attracting young players like this.

No you are right. My bad!

I was expecting us to bring in players who would take us that extra mile, tried and tested players as opposed to youngsters who will be great some time in the future....but hey what do I know!

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Whoa. Listen to yourselves.

How far have we come in a fairly short space of time. No more scratching around for lower league cast offs. We are tempting young prospects from the league below us to play in our development team.

For me looking at the club as a whole, these are exciting times.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looks like a very skilful, pacey, direct player with bags of potential. What's not to like? A good signing by the club, I think. And lets not forget that most of the very good players tend to have some attitude. The trick is going to be to use it to both his and our advantage.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course, but I am trying to tone down my language just a tad and that was the first word which popped in to my head :laugh:

If you cut out the swearing too much you won't be featured at all in the next series of Skint :wink:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I was expecting us to bring in players who would take us that extra mile, tried and tested players as opposed to youngsters who will be great some time in the future....but hey what do I know!

Did you not read his post? The transfer window is an opportunity to sign players for the present, future and (hopefully not) the past.

Players who will take us that extra mile will happen towards the end of the window.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Just about a year ago we brought in some unknown youngster called Rohan Ince. Whatever happened to him?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

As someone else said, read my post. I would agree with you if it was announced as our only signing but it clearly won't be. In the meantime, would you rather we didn't bother to try and sign talented young players as we haven't got out main targets yet?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yeah let's only bring in tried and tested players, that's an exciting strategy for the club to move forward with eh? Obviously we won't ever end up with any more Inces, Bridcutts or LuaLuas or ever have any chance of unearthing a superstar and selling them on for massive money allowing us to push on to the next level, but at least we'll not have any more that don't quite make the grade. Exciting stuff.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I like this signing. Players with pace can make for some really exciting play.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This is why I love BHA. He hasn't kicked a ball yet and we can still moan. Absolute quality. See you on the East Terrace when safe standing comes back and we can get the real old grumpy East Terrace atmosphere back just like in the Goldstone heydays.

I would love that. I would lean on the barrier, turn to Waldorf, shake my head slowly and say "no end product". Then take another puff on my pipe.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good to see another exciting youngster signing for the club it can only bode well for the future, Just wish we could sign a couple of decent young strikers for the DS as well as it's one area we are very light on at the moment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I like his attitude, he has seen that it is possible to break into the first time if he puts the work in, with Ince demonstrating how it is possible to force your way in. It reflects well on the DS squad that other young players are recognising the opportunities it provides. Obviously injuries have accelerated the introduction of DS players, but when they have stepped in more often than not they are up to the task.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I like his attitude, he has seen that it is possible to break into the first time if he puts the work in, with Ince demonstrating how it is possible to force your way in. It reflects well on the DS squad that other young players are recognising the opportunities it provides. Obviously injuries have accelerated the introduction of DS players, but when they have stepped in more often than not they are up to the task.

Given the inability of any of our wingers to stay fit for more than 3 or 4 games before a hamstring goes pop, I am sure he will get a game or two before the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here