Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIGNING: Monakana Signs Development Contract Until June 2015

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He will become a fan favourite if he can keep his level of game up in The Championship. He looks like an exciting player, skills, delivery, quick change of pace and direction, plus he should wins us alot of freekicks. But like I said I just hope he can keep his standard up at this level and also improve and get better, time will tell.

We still need proven Championship and Premier League standard players!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Whoa. Listen to yourselves.

How far have we come in a fairly short space of time. No more scratching around for lower league cast offs. We are tempting young prospects from the league below us to play in our development team.

For me looking at the club as a whole, these are exciting times.

'Zactly. Just 5 years ago this dude would have been seen as an exciting first team signing and gone straight into the matchday squad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I like his attitude, he has seen that it is possible to break into the first time if he puts the work in, with Ince demonstrating how it is possible to force your way in. It reflects well on the DS squad that other young players are recognising the opportunities it provides. Obviously injuries have accelerated the introduction of DS players, but when they have stepped in more often than not they are up to the task.

In that Argus article, Preston manager Simon Grayson says: "I don't need a player that can only be effective for ten or 15 minutes." Is he referring to his attitude here, his stamina, his concentration, or something else?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In that Argus article, Preston manager Simon Grayson says: "I don't need a player that can only be effective for ten or 15 minutes." Is he referring to his attitude here, his stamina, his concentration, or something else?

His experience?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well he's a small fish in a big pond now. He'll realise soon enough (if he's got a brain) that his reputation means nothing to those he's now playing with.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well he's a small fish in a big pond now. He'll realise soon enough (if he's got a brain) that his reputation means nothing to those he's now playing with.

If he's been talking to Rohan Ince he'll know what the deal is here. As the article mentions - train well and you get your chance.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

With the greatest of respect, I'm sure many Leeds, Huddersfield and Blackpool fans will tell you that Grayson has as much eye for spotting talent as Spongebob Squarepants does.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With the greatest of respect, I'm sure many Leeds, Huddersfield and Blackpool fans will tell you that Grayson has as much eye for spotting talent as Spongebob Squarepants does.

I think you find he DOES have a keen eye for 'talent', and that alledgedly was the cause of his departure from Elland Road...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

His teams get nosebleeds if they go beyond halfway :lolol:

Seriously, the higher you go in football the more you need the odd flair player who may not always dig in defensively but who can, with one contribution, change a game.
Grayson has every reason based on past failures and current standing, not to appreciate that

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Young, skillful winger with a tendency to drift in and out of games- it's hardly unprecedented.

I'd guess that Preston need players for the here and now whereas we have the luxury putting him in the development squad. He looks a good prospect on the vid; hopefully he'll progress.

pnefan

Jan 14, 2014
Young, skillful winger with a tendency to drift in and out of games- it's hardly unprecedented.

I'd guess that Preston need players for the here and now whereas we have the luxury putting him in the development squad. He looks a good prospect on the vid; hopefully he'll progress.

exactly that, he is just not a Grayson type player, Grayson prefers a 7/10 every week where as monakana at the minute is 5/10 then 9/10 but I think the older he gets the more consistent he will get. you will see a lot of PNE fans slagging him off saying he has bad attitude, the only reason fans say this is because with his ability he should be starting every week and because he hasn't they just throw off the 'must have a bad attitude line' I personally don't think hes a bad pro. very very raw talent , very exciting on the ball hope you get to see him in action before the seasons out

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
exactly that, he is just not a Grayson type player, Grayson prefers a 7/10 every week where as monakana at the minute is 5/10 then 9/10 but I think the older he gets the more consistent he will get. you will see a lot of PNE fans slagging him off saying he has bad attitude, the only reason fans say this is because with his ability he should be starting every week and because he hasn't they just throw off the 'must have a bad attitude line' I personally don't think hes a bad pro. very very raw talent , very exciting on the ball hope you get to see him in action before the seasons out

Thanks for this pnefan, very helpful comments, and we'll look forward to his development under our coach who has somewhat of a background in developing young players. And yes, Justice, it sounds exactly like Buckley.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Jeffrey. Look forward to seeing you in the first team. Hard work required (but your mate Rohan already told you that).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Sounds like a typical winger! Thanks for the feedback pnefan, none of our wide players are particularly robust so I am sure he will get his opportunity to shine.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If he's been talking to Rohan Ince he'll know what the deal is here. As the article mentions - train well and you get your chance.

I like this, a lot. It would be good if we developed a real reputation for not being afraid to give the youngsters their chance. Sit in the reserves at Chelski or go and earn first team football in The Championship with Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here