living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Football, beer and chicken balti pie, the triumvirate of matchdays

It has to be

:amex:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Lentil or Mung Bean Curry pies please, for the more right on out there :thumbsup:

On second thoughts, no. Lentil pies and Harveys is a disaster just waiting to explode.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't be adverse to a bit of a pie with balti scenario at all.

I am also rather partial to a steak SLICE though. If that was in the offing, I'd be all over that like piss on a tramp.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is the good lady's current list of pie options, as per her website. All looks good, but no harm in asking re a cheeky balti type pie, methinks. Especially as it seems we have a direct line to her via Shoreham.

Chicken, Ham & Leek with Thyme
Best Beef and Ale Pie with Mushrooms and herbs
Butternut squash with spicy tomato vegetables (V)
Roasted vegetables on a tomato base and local English cheese (V)

<drools>

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Whatever stadium we visit my dad always gets a chicken balti pie. So I wouldn't want him to miss out on that tradition at the Amex.

I was speaking to a couple of Southend fans who said exactly the same thing, that rate the chicken balti pie at every ground. I'm sure there are thousands who do the same.

The caterers are missing a trick if they leave it off the menu, CBP is a fast becoming a football tradition

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was speaking to a couple of Southend fans who said exactly the same thing, that rate the chicken balti pie at every ground. I'm sure there are thousands who do the same.

The caterers are missing a trick if they leave it off the menu, CBP is a fast becoming a football tradition

So much so at least two grounds had sold out by the time I went to get mine this season :angry: Take a bow, tinpot AFC Bournemouth, who had run out of all hot food fifteen minutes before kick off. Were they not expecting a crowd or something? Walsall had also cleared their shelves of CBPs. Booooo.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I like most of the suggestions but, unless I've missed it, no one has focused on a very important point. The crust - the shortcrust pie pastry - must be right or the whole thing fails.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports