Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should there be a Male and Female Sky Sports News ?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Is it wrong not to have any interest in women’s football? I confess that I turn Football Focus off when they move on to the women‘s slot.

I have no problem at all with it being featured but I have zero interest. I feel the same about swimming, diving, golf or cricket, be it male or female :shrug:

NSC is pretty judgmental these days imo, why does the OP need to like women’s football? (Even if he is a Palace troll)
Absolutely nowt wrong at all. I don't follow it (loved the Euros though).

Folk follow what they like. But starting threads to moan about it, just because they don't like it, is a different level.

I thought you like cricket ? (I can't stand golf meself)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely nowt wrong at all. I don't follow it (loved the Euros though).

Folk follow what they like. But starting threads to moan about it, just because they don't like it, is a different level.

I thought you like cricket ? (I can't stand golf meself)
The umpires piss me off, only you and I will get that :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I mean, I laughed at it so whoever’s behind the account take a bow 🤣

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’ll bet you 99% of the blokes on here sigh or pay no interest in the woman’s sports when they come on the tv. But you’d not know it by all the liberals on this forum.
There are many things on the TV that I am not interested in, I wouldn't dream of suggesting they segregate them though. Just turn over , make a cup of tea or do something selse while those segments are on.

Nothing to do with political leanings, just an understanding that news broadcasts are not solely aimed at me.

"But I don't f***ing want guitar lessons"

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There are many things on the TV that I am not interested in, I wouldn't dream of suggesting they segregate them though. Just turn over , make a cup of tea or do something selse while those segments are on.

Nothing to do with political leanings, just an understanding that news broadcasts are not solely aimed at me.

"But I don't f***ing want guitar lessons"
They should do a warning like with flash photography.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’ll bet you 99% of the blokes on here sigh or pay no interest in the woman’s sports when they come on the tv. But you’d not know it by all the liberals on this forum.
Don't think it comes down to if people are liberal or not.

Just think most here have reached a stage in their life we're they feel quite comfortable in their masculinity without needing to prove it by screaming for a policeman when there's women playing football on TV.

A lot of people are not interested. They watch or do something else and get on with their lives. A small number of people, like you, feel threatened and offended and turn into a modern day Mary Whitehouse in a last ditch attempt to preserve the past.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They should do a warning like with flash photography.
"careful now, the next segment may contain women playing sport (not like cleaning or anything, actual women playing actual sport) please join us again in 15 minutes when fat blokes will be playing darts and you can return to your safe space imagining it is still 1976"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think it comes down to if people are liberal or not.

Just think most here have reached a stage in their life we're they feel quite comfortable in their masculinity without needing to prove it by screaming for a policeman when there's women playing football on TV.

A lot of people are not interested. They watch or do something else and get on with their lives. A small number of people, like you, feel threatened and offended and turn into a modern day Mary Whitehouse in a last ditch attempt to preserve the past.
Are you really Swedish? How the f*** do you know about Mary Whitehouse? Next you’ll be referencing Barbrara Woodhouse :lolol:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I don't mind the coverage but what really grinds my gears is Albion putting the next game on the banner at the top of their website, not easily specifying (at least on the mobile version) whether the game is for the women's team or the men's team. I thought we were bloody playing Man City the other day due to that, only to then realise it was the women's team.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Is it wrong not to have any interest in women’s football? I confess that I turn Football Focus off when they move on to the women‘s slot.

I have no problem at all with it being featured but I have zero interest. I feel the same about swimming, diving, golf or cricket, be it male or female :shrug:

NSC is pretty judgmental these days imo, why does the OP need to like women’s football? (Even if he is a Palace troll)
Not about being judgemental though I don't think - just pointing out the bleeding obvious - don't watch it or do something else while they focus on sports he doesn't like?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here