Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Albion give loyalty points for season ticket holders attending?

Should season ticket holder attendance be rewarded with loyalty points?

• Yes, yes it should

Votes: 92 71.9%
  • No it shouldn't

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • Season ticket schmeason ticket

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Where are they discouraging season ticket sales? Those that have a season and don't go, only miss out when it comes to getting tickets for priority games which are likely to be away games and cup finals! They would still get the priority booking for their seat for home cup games which they can choose to take advantage of.

I don't go to many away games but I see no problem with someone that maybe goes to all the away games building up enough loyalty points over the season to put them ahead of a season ticket holder who has only gone to 2 or 3 home games throughout the entire season when it comes to priority for limited away fan allocations. However, the away fan should not get priority over season ticket holders who are regularly at the Amex. What constitutes 'a regular' at the Amex would be up for debate. My view would be someone who has been to at least two thirds of home games as a minimum.

Finally, can we stop with the customer v fan crap! I would remind you of how fans were treated in the 70s and 80s when clubs knew fans would take what ever was thrown at them including watching football behind fencing!!!!

"Where are they discouraging season ticket sales?" - You've answered your own question :ffsparr:

And YES - we are customers as far as the club are concerned!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
In answer to the question .... absolutely not. Children and those who live a good distance from the Amex are already penalised enough by not being able to attend the games that are rescheduled to nights (sometimes with a windfall to club)

IMO they should be compensated in some way (if only to allow an adult to attend on same ST)...the public transport provided (or not) also makes it very difficult or impossible for some to attend at times so I think the lack of loyalty in some cases actually comes from the club...who could do more

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
"Where are they discouraging season ticket sales?" - You've answered your own question :ffsparr:

And YES - we are customers as far as the club are concerned!

So, are you saying there are people who have bought a season ticket purely on the off chance we get a plum away tie in either of the main cup competitions and therefore if their points are reduced to reflect their non attendance, they will not buy a season in future? There may well be a very small minority with money to burn but if there are, I doubt they will be missed!

As for how us fans are treated by the club, I much prefer the facilities now than I did when at the Goldstone. The concept is simple, you treat your fans as if they have a choice (which most of us don't because we are and always will be Brighton) which means you make the matchday experience as good as it can rather than just rely on the fact the 'sheep' will turn up week in week out to sit on temporary seating with no roof.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Let's hope they get the same Forest stewards that we got the last time I visited. My allocated seat was near the front and for 80% of the game I had a steward standing in front of me who refused to move. Other Brighton fans had the same difficulties.

My allocated seat was down the front bit last season until [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] found where I was and palmed me his partner's ticket who had stayed in her seat.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I struggle with the term 'loyalty' points anyway as it really should not be a judgement on loyalty to the club.

I'd be happier with seagull points or seagull credits.

Seriously? Who cares!?

In answer to the original question, yes they should. One point for every game attended. I can't see it's ever really going to encourage people to attend who weren't going to otherwise, but it would give a little bonus to those that come every week.

Or, you could give an extra 250 points for the following season for anyone who didn't miss a home game. That would be a nice touch.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If this scheme were introduced then the cash rich/time poor could still jump to the front of the queue by joining the Platinum members scheme.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Some home games, I just can't be arsed to go to (last Friday for instance - I was cold, tired and hungry and would have arrived a bit late) but I've been to some stinking awful away games this season - Barnsley for instance AND I bought a ticket for Forest before we got good again. Am I a good or bad fan, Bozza?

With Bozza's "pressure pads on seats" idea you would have got your points last Friday as Bozza sat in your seat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why give points for away attendance as the club get next to nothing for that. If they must give points just a nominal amount ,10 per game. People go to away games because they want to have a day out I have done all that in the past but cant be bothered to go further than Watford or about 1 hours drive away to games now. How many away games sell out of our allocation baring of course play off games or glamorous cup ties.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why give points for away attendance as the club get next to nothing for that. If they must give points just a nominal amount ,10 per game. People go to away games because they want to have a day out I have done all that in the past but cant be bothered to go further than Watford or about 1 hours drive away to games now. How many away games sell out of our allocation baring of course play off games or glamorous cup ties.

You have to take into account there are many Albion fans who live all over the country that only get to see their team at away fixtures and an occasional pilgrimage to the Theatre of Flair. 10 loyalty points per game keeps them in with a chance of bagging a ticket for a big game ahead of the glory hunters.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It's my belief that we have a higher than average number of stay aways than other teams in the division, and this is driven largely by us having so many season ticket holders - some people simply can't come all the time. If you buy tickets game by game however, you'll only buy a ticket if you're very sure you're going to attend.

However, in taking a look at the Birmingham site ahead of their game again Wigan tonight, I noticed this:

"Each Season Ticket Holder attending the match will receive 1000 loyalty points."

Should the Albion issue reward points each time a season ticket holder attends in order to put them ahead of those who attend less frequently when tickets are scarce?

Yes, the club should award 10 points for every game we attend.
I've said this for a while now .

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Not sure to be honest. I go to very home game, but my daughter can't go to evening games as we get back about 1am. I don't think its reasonable to take her. I do try to let someone else use her seat, I can upgrade it to full adult. It would mean the we would be on different points.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So, are you saying there are people who have bought a season ticket purely on the off chance we get a plum away tie in either of the main cup competitions and therefore if their points are reduced to reflect their non attendance, they will not buy a season in future? There may well be a very small minority with money to burn but if there are, I doubt they will be missed!

As for how us fans are treated by the club, I much prefer the facilities now than I did when at the Goldstone. The concept is simple, you treat your fans as if they have a choice (which most of us don't because we are and always will be Brighton) which means you make the matchday experience as good as it can rather than just rely on the fact the 'sheep' will turn up week in week out to sit on temporary seating with no roof.

Irrelevant whether there are or not - irrelevant how many there may be. Reducing the benefits of holding a season ticket, (which is essentially what is being suggested), is not something that is going to increase season ticket sales. As simple as that. A business aims to increase its revenue not discourage spending by its customers.

Of course the facilities we enjoy now are far superior to anything we've experienced in the past, I could say exactly the same thing about cinemas, but are those who go to watch films movie fans or customers? ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some STHs who never go to away games have purchased a Forest ticket because they had enough loyalty points and have given them to mates who had no chance of getting a ticket in the first place because they had less than the required 1000 LP.

How would anyone not attending away games have enough loyalty points to have bought a Forest ticket (at least initially) ?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Not really clear what this would achieve. All the fans I know that go to most away games have no/little trouble obtaining any tickets for non season ticket games anyhow. Additionally, if there were such a scheme then fans would simply give their ticket to a mate to swipe for them, assuming it was not being used by someone else.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
As others have intimated, why should those of us who live remotely be disadvantaged? I live near Bristol, 5.5 hour round trip to Mill Road on a good day and there are plenty that are not. I go to over half home matches and around 8-10 away, but distance is a challenge for evening games and any when something on Sat night. Silly idea IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here