Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Albion give loyalty points for season ticket holders attending?

Should season ticket holder attendance be rewarded with loyalty points?

• Yes, yes it should

Votes: 92 71.9%
  • No it shouldn't

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • Season ticket schmeason ticket

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I would much prefer if people get X number of loyalty for purchasing a season ticket (not as much as it is now), then additional points awarded for every game they attend. Cup games and away games would award more points too (than the additional points for season ticket holders). This way points are awarded for commitment, and missing a game or two wouldn't be a problem. Something like 500 points per season ticket. 25 points if your ticket gets used. 100 points for cup and away games.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That said, in general the loyalty scheme must be working much better than ever before because the number of threads bitching about not getting a ticket is much lower than for previous "BIG" games.

But we've not really had any 'big' games this season.
No Palace away, no big away cup games, no Arsenal/Liverpool/Newscastle at home in the cup

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some home games, I just can't be arsed to go to (last Friday for instance - I was cold, tired and hungry and would have arrived a bit late) but I've been to some stinking awful away games this season - Barnsley for instance AND I bought a ticket for Forest before we got good again. Am I a good or bad fan, Bozza?

Bad, very bad. But you don't need me to tell you that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I reckon if you can't attend there should be a self certification form for you to fill in at the next game explaining the reason for your absence! :D

Agreed.

I'd hope for a functionality enhancement to the ticketing site that allows the submission of an electronic copy. The certificates are then routed directly to Paul Barber who will either accept the certificate or reject it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Make them swipe out and deduct a (very small number of) loyalty points if they leave before 90 minutes.

Be interesting to see if this only-half-joking suggestion gets an overall Thumbs up or Thumbs Down :lol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I would much prefer if people get X number of loyalty for purchasing a season ticket (not as much as it is now), then additional points awarded for every game they attend. Cup games and away games would award more points too (than the additional points for season ticket holders). This way points are awarded for commitment, and missing a game or two wouldn't be a problem. Something like 500 points per season ticket. 25 points if your ticket gets used. 100 points for cup and away games.

So someone who goes to five away games gets as many points as someone who buys a season ticket??

Season ticket holders should always be the priority and should always get a high number of points, not least because financially it provides a bedrock for the club.

So something like 1,000 points for ST holders, additional 10 points for home game attendance, 25 points for cup and away games.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I think the points should be awarded retrospectively and based on the performance on the pitch. The worse the performance the more points you get. And then multiplied by the distance travelled to get to the game.

At least then, when I've driven 177 miles each way to watch the DURGE that's sometimes served up for midweek games (thinking Sheff Wed, Barnsley) I can lord it up with a billion loyalty points and become an uber fan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think you should have to touch out also, and anyone that leaves before the 88th minute, doesn't get any points for that game.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
So someone who goes to five away games gets as many points as someone who buys a season ticket??

Season ticket holders should always be the priority and should always get a high number of points, not least because financially it provides a bedrock for the club.

So something like 1,000 points for ST holders, additional 10 points for home game attendance, 25 points for cup and away games.

The cost of five away days is about the same as my season ticket...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
OK Devil's advocate time, go easy on me.

Whether Mr Smith is attending games or not he is still paying for the privilege of being a season ticket holder and the benefits that come with it. If Mr Smith can no longer guarantee himself first dibs on the top matches, who's to say he'll bother renewing? Mr Smith pays his money and Mr Smith has the benefit of going to any game he wishes.

Other fans may not like Mr Smiths attitude to attendance, but the club get the guaranteed income of a season ticket holder.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have two ST's. My Daughter and I arrive about 45 mins before kick off and both have pie, drink & crisps. After the game it's no movement until FBS ends or the teams have left. So 1000 pts for ST, 50 points for attending, 1 point for every minute pre game = 45, 2 points for every £ spent on food = 16, no points lost for post match. I reckon I could earn 4500 per ticket.
Seriously a good idea and must be easy to do.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

This, and I've been to over a dozen this year.
Hope those attending their first away game in years wanting to bask in glory get their day though because I will crawl over broken glass to sit at Wembley if we make it.
What saddens me is that with the arrival of Premier League football I think a huge contingent of the hardcore away exile support I see week after week will be phased out due to this kinda stuff.
Can't go to Forest though regardless, as I realised yesterday I have my police specials assessment in the morning meaning I couldn't go anyway! :whistle:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There can be many reasons for a STH not attending. Why should they be penalised?

I have unavoidably missed some games this season, although I would MUCH rather have been there!

Or do I have to submit a note of mitigation to the Season Ticket Police who will decide if my absence is acceptable or not?

I have been a STH for over 30 years and have rarely missed a game until this season. Am I now a lesser supporter because of my absences?

I think the point is there are some that have a season and hardly ever go so should they be entitled to the same priority purchase rights as someone who has been to every game! I have a season but admit that I have missed about 3 games this season for one reason or another. I think the principle that you get points for the purchase of a season ticket and then an additional amount for each actual attendance is a good one. I don't know that it would encourage more attendance by those that don't go regularly but would benefit those that do when it comes to prestigious away cup games.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Five away tickets is worth £500 plus? Are they £100 each?

If you're talking about the whole day, I live in London - so the expense of a home game includes travel to Brighton. Do I get extra bonus points because of where I live?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here