Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should piss-taking opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Over the years i have been posting on NSC many away fans have added many good posts to this board ,since the 3-1 win some of the posts from my fellow fans have even made cringe,the away end on the palace bbs works well allowing banter between the fans of many clubs leaving the main board for the day to day palace related threads which most away fans have no intrest in.

Please remember this is one of the best football boards on the web think hard befor you change it? change is not always for the better

This is FACT.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Over the years i have been posting on NSC many away fans have added many good posts to this board ,since the 3-1 win some of the posts from my fellow fans have even made cringe,the away end on the palace bbs works well allowing banter between the fans of many clubs leaving the main board for the day to day palace related threads which most away fans have no intrest in.

Please remember this is one of the best football boards on the web think hard befor you change it? change is not always for the better

This

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The vote is currently very close - 52% v 48% but I'm not convinced the right question was asked.

There seems to be more demand for a bit tighter moderating when people begin to take the piss, regardless of who they support etc.

The vote is currently very close - 52% v 48% but I'm not convinced the right question was asked.

There seems to be more demand for a bit tighter moderating when people begin to take the piss, regardless of who they support etc.

Those who get upset when others make fun of B&HA need to stop being so precious and pathetic. Some people are very good at dishing it out but when the boot is on the other foot they go running of to Mummy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Which is happening anyway with the recent increase in visitors from south London and the small town near Portsmouth... so is there really an issue here at all?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thank GOD the powers-that-be on here are finally starting to listen. I thought my mod-request thread was falling on deaf ears - hopefully we can finally ban the piss takers and get this forum back to what it once was.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Thank GOD the powers-that-be on here are finally starting to listen. I thought my mod-request thread was falling on deaf ears - hopefully we can finally ban the piss takers and get this forum back to what it once was.

The mods ALWAYS listen... but that doesn't mean dishing out bans willy-nilly every time some precious little one runs to teacher.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The mods ALWAYS listen... but that doesn't mean dishing out bans willy-nilly every time some precious little one runs to teacher.

No chance of that is there.

And no one is asking for willy-nilly bans, and I think most debate around this hasn't been from 'precious little ones' but long standing posters who have seen the standard slip so drastically.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have to disagree, the standard has not slipped drastically, I've been doing this for quite a few years now and in my opinion it has not changed that much, it has "Highs and Lows" but nothing different there, we probably have got a fair few opposition supporters on board at the moment (some very good ones!) but thats only because we are a lot more high profile this season (New stadium, promotion to the championship, Gus, and a good start to the season) but come the close season the same kids will come back and as always we will deal with it.

Yes of course it is irritating when idiots appear (I should know more than most!!) but do us and yourselves a favour and use the report button, again we will deal with it in the correct manner, extra Mods have been taken on board to deal with this situation and I am in favour of welcoming all to NSC, it's part of what makes it the total success it is, start making it like a closed shop, it will become extremely clicky and bitchy.....I have seen some say, "where is so and so" "not seen whoever for a time" NSC is a message board, people will come and go, and return, but very few will leave because of a few idiots posting schoolboy crap every now and again, if they do they need to man up a bit or learn how to use the report button!!

To be honest, much prior to the Palace result I don't re-call much of a problem, we were riding high, and the board was very happy, little or no complaints / reported posts, now a bit of a downturn and there seems to be issues, win tonight and it will all return to Happy Days :)

I can also confirm that ALL the Mods do take every reported post seriously, we do talk about it if it is necessary, we also inform each other what we have done about them, we do also talk about given situations, we do what we do within NSC because we care about NSC and I know I can confidently speak for each and every one of us!!

I still maintain, NSC isn’t broke and in my opinion it needs little or no change, and we do always listen to the voice of what makes NSC successful.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have to disagree, the standard has not slipped drastically, I've been doing this for quite a few years now and in my opinion it has not changed that much, it has "Highs and Lows" but nothing different there, we probably have got a fair few opposition supporters on board at the moment (some very good ones!) but thats only because we are a lot more high profile this season (New stadium, promotion to the championship, Gus, and a good start to the season) but come the close season the same kids will come back and as always we will deal with it.

Yes of course it is irritating when idiots appear (I should know more than most!!) but do us and yourselves a favour and use the report button, again we will deal with it in the correct manner, extra Mods have been taken on board to deal with this situation and I am in favour of welcoming all to NSC, it's part of what makes it the total success it is, start making it like a closed shop, it will become extremely clicky and bitchy.....I have seen some say, "where is so and so" "not seen whoever for a time" NSC is a message board, people will come and go, and return, but very few will leave because of a few idiots posting schoolboy crap every now and again, if they do they need to man up a bit or learn how to use the report button!!

To be honest, much prior to the Palace result I don't re-call much of a problem, we were riding high, and the board was very happy, little or no complaints / reported posts, now a bit of a downturn and there seems to be issues, win tonight and it will all return to Happy Days :)

I can also confirm that ALL the Mods do take every reported post seriously, we do talk about it if it is necessary, we also inform each other what we have done about them, we do also talk about given situations, we do what we do within NSC because we care about NSC and I know I can confidently speak for each and every one of us!!

I still maintain, NSC isn’t broke and in my opinion it needs little or no change, and we do always listen to the voice of what makes NSC successful.

Good post and I know everyone does the best they can.

I do report stuff quite often, I think. I'd also happily put myself forward as a mod if you want me to 'walk the walk' :lolol: I have internet access throughout my working day (I spend most of it on here) and at home. I think I might be a little too strict though :)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Which is happening anyway with the recent increase in visitors from south London and the small town near Portsmouth... so is there really an issue here at all?

Really...?

The mere fact that this 'away fans piss-taking' poll is occurring, is because a number of members of this Board do see it as a problem. Also, a number of members of this Board are clearly unhappy with the 'light touch' moderating of late.

If you, as one of the almighty Moderators have the view, that it's not an issuer at all.....why are we bothering to have a thread, poll and discussion...?????????????????????????

Virtually every Moderator has already posted on this thread stating, from their Ivory Towers, that THEY are quite happy with things as they are.

Poll seems a waste of time. You have already closed your ears to any reasoning.

With regards to your remarks on another posting on this thread..."every time some precious little one runs to teacher".......are you sure you are the right person to be a Moderator....? Your attitude stinks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Really...?

The mere fact that this 'away fans piss-taking' poll is occurring, is because a number of members of this Board do see it as a problem. Also, a number of members of this Board are clearly unhappy with the 'light touch' moderating of late.

If you, as one of the almighty Moderators have the view, that it's not an issuer at all.....why are we bothering to have a thread, poll and discussion...?????????????????????????

Virtually every Moderator has already posted on this thread stating, from their Ivory Towers, that THEY are quite happy with things as they are.

Poll seems a waste of time. You have already closed your ears to any reasoning.

With regards to your remarks on another posting on this thread..."every time some precious little one runs to teacher".......are you sure you are the right person to be a Moderator....? Your attitude stinks.

It's ok cjd, Ken Brown has agreed to join the ranks of mods. :blush:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Also, a number of members of this Board are clearly unhappy with the 'light touch' moderating of late.

It has never been light touch 'of late'. The moderating ethos and style has been consistent since NSC was set up. If you want to see the results of more draconian moderating try out Always Skint (deceased) or the Palace BBS.

Post something racist or homophobic and you will certainly face a ban. Post continual humourless wind up bollocks and expect the same fate.

There's plenty on NSC who love to give it out to those at the club (yourself v Ken Brown for example), be they management, administrators, players and fans of both the Albion and other teams, but can't take it when it comes back.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Can't believe you lot would ban someone for taking the mick out of your club.

Many of you guys like to dish it out on other clubs forums - not lately, granted. But I can see tit-for-tat bannings on other
clubs forums if this were to happen. Really a bad idea.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't believe you lot would ban someone for taking the mick out of your club.

Many of you guys like to dish it out on other clubs forums - not lately, granted. But I can see tit-for-tat bannings on other
clubs forums if this were to happen. Really a bad idea.

Where did we suggest banning people who take the mick?

NSC, almost exclusively amongst similar forums, has long been open to opposing fans arriving with some banter to unleash in our direction.

In stark contrast, those NSCers who do venture to the forums of other clubs, often find they are banned as soon as their colours are revealed.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Is the right question "how many times do people post drivel before a warning is issued?" and then "how many warnings before a ban?" irrespective of who you support?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
TBH

Every day there is more and more justification to ban other clubs' posters other than those who are recognised as adding something, be it humour or an honest point of view, to our exceptionally good board (Plaudits to Bozza).

But yes, put them in a separate thread where our members can discourse with them if they wish, but where our ordinary members do not have to read their gratuitous insults, tripe and drivel !

BTW, I think we all know the ones who should remain eg. the Little Als, Blue Birds etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports