Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should piss-taking opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
"opposing points of view"...? Have a look at what the Poll was about......couldn't have made it much clearer......"Should PISS-TAKING opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board.?"

Once again as regards the remainder of your post...."SOME thin skinned, sensitive types...". I think you,ll find that this "SOME" you refer to, represents the majority of people registering their vote.

Once again......do you really feel you are the right person to Moderate this forum, given your views and poor opinion of the majority, appear to be mis-judged.

Leave it. You are talking about the person who would rather BAN fellow albion fans who tell the piss taking away fans to eff off.

:shootself:

Personally the away forum couldnt come soon enough. As for away fans lets say those with over 1000 can stay on the main board so we still get to "keep" Croydonbloke etc

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As for how many shits I give for a 5% turnout on the vote I couldn't give................it's two.

LOL..!

Hopefully, as a collective group of Moderators, you will take on board the strength of feeling amongst a majority of the people who use this forum and make some adjustments.

You can quote all the twisted statistics you like, the vote was in favour of an 'Away' end.

In all seriousness, I am sure that the over-whelming majority of people who use ths forum, very much appreciate the time and effort put in by the Moderators....it certainly is by me.

Both you and Titanic have re-acted less than favourably to my criticism/banter. No doubt because you both considered it personal. Well, Brighton and Hove Albion is personal to me.....and no doubt personal to a lot of posters on tho this forum. Continual abuse from away supporters is not banter and the Moderators need to understand this.

This is a forum for Brighton and Hove Albion supporters..............not a dumping ground for all the 'naughty and disruptive shits' from other clubs. Either send them packing...or put them in an outside pen... (away supporters section), where we can play with them if we want....or just ignore them outside in the cold. This is our house, for use by our occupants (good and bad) not to be smashed up by the chavs, morons, idiots and intellectually challenged from the broken homes up the road.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The mods have been cracking down recently , just look in "Moderating Decisions" , they are taking action.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
LOL..!

Hopefully, as a collective group of Moderators, you will take on board the strength of feeling amongst a majority of the people who use this forum and make some adjustments.

You can quote all the twisted statistics you like, the vote was in favour of an 'Away' end.

In all seriousness, I am sure that the over-whelming majority of people who use ths forum, very much appreciate the time and effort put in by the Moderators....it certainly is by me.

Both you and Titanic have re-acted less than favourably to my criticism/banter. No doubt because you both considered it personal. Well, Brighton and Hove Albion is personal to me.....and no doubt personal to a lot of posters on tho this forum. Continual abuse from away supporters is not banter and the Moderators need to understand this.

This is a forum for Brighton and Hove Albion supporters..............not a dumping ground for all the 'naughty and disruptive shits' from other clubs. Either send them packing...or put them in an outside pen... (away supporters section), where we can play with them if we want....or just ignore them outside in the cold. This is our house, for use by our occupants (good and bad) not to be smashed up by the chavs, morons, idiots and intellectually challenged from the broken homes up the road.

I don't have a huge issue with what you say, but when Albion fans feel the need to start quoting attendances from every Palace and Crawley fixture I do feel that opposing fans are entitled to a right of reply.

As for the board, it's whatever Bozza wants it to be at the end of the day, it has NEVER been a democracy! I do know the number of hours that some of my fellow mods, especially Tony and Titanic, put into their mod duties, and I think they should be given a bit more credit for it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't have a huge issue with what you say, but when Albion fans feel the need to start quoting attendances from every Palace and Crawley fixture I do feel that opposing fans are entitled to a right of reply.

As for the board, it's whatever Bozza wants it to be at the end of the day, it has NEVER been a democracy! I do know the number of hours that some of my fellow mods, especially Tony and Titanic, put into their mod duties, and I think they should be given a bit more credit for it.

Does it matter if 'our' supporters quote Crystal Palace and Crawley attendances...? These sort of threads were generally answered 'in-house' from our posters and promptly died a death. Nowadays they de-generate into....'my dads willy is bigger than your dads' peurile nonsense which have littered and devalued our Forum of late.

As ALL the Mods on this thread advocated 'no-change'....are you going to take notice or ignore us....?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
so now the votes have been cast will the away end come on line or will the ppl in charge ignore the majority and do as they like, a bit like the government at the moment:rotlf:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm not aware of any 'cracking' down'... just doing what needs to be done in a particularly busy and fractious period.

I just noted the 5 short term and 5 permanent bans since yesterday.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As for how many shits I give for a 5% turnout on the vote I couldn't give................it's two.

That 5% probably represents NSC's most active users. There were almost 400 votes with a load no doubt coming from away fans (guessing here but it seems reasonable to assume that). That tells me that the majority of people who actually use NSC have said create an away end-can we send our idiots there too please?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just as well I changed it from 'a few'... blimey, I think you would have spontaneously combusted!

Really...?

I thought my posts on this thread were, generally speaking, reasonably well constructed in a calm manner. I feel...(yet again) that you have mis-judged my posts.

PS; I have read El Presidentes post and took notice of his remarks regarding how much time and effort, you put into Moderating this forum. I think it's important to read and take on board others points of view. In view of this, I thank you for the time you have given voluntarily on this forum and though I may not agree with you.....I do apologise for any offence caused.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to give this a bit more thought but my gut feel is the vote was close enough to indicate that there is not strong enough feeling to make what would be quite a fundamental change to the way NSC has always worked.

Additionally it seems that many people still did not understand what was being proposed with some, including [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] in post #201, thinking that the proposal was to move ALL away fans to an 'Away End' and some indicating they believed the intention was to move piss-taking threads to an 'Away End'. Neither of these were on the table.

But I think it's clear that it's felt that too much latitude has been shown to those who go too far and if I'm honest I don't think I needed to be told that. Recently I've been more proactive in issuing infractions (and multiple infractions mean a ban) to those I consider being anti-social both in taking the piss too much and in mindless foul-mouthed abuse of others. The infractions do not show up in 'Moderating Decisions' but they do give people very real warnings as to their behaviour and are generally quite an effective tool to make people think about how they use NSC. This is something we all need to continue.

For users, the way to deal with anti-social usage of NSC is very simple:

- Don't feed the troll - don't reply.
- Report the post.
- Add those who get under your skin to your Ignore List.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm going to give this a bit more thought but my gut feel is the vote was close enough to indicate that there is not strong enough feeling to make what would be quite a fundamental change to the way NSC has always worked.

Additionally it seems that many people still did not understand what was being proposed with some, including [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] in post #201, thinking that the proposal was to move ALL away fans to an 'Away End' and some indicating they believed the intention was to move piss-taking threads to an 'Away End'. Neither of these were on the table.

But I think it's clear that it's felt that too much latitude has been shown to those who go too far and if I'm honest I don't think I needed to be told that. Recently I've been more proactive in issuing infractions (and multiple infractions mean a ban) to those I consider being anti-social both in taking the piss too much and in mindless foul-mouthed abuse of others. The infractions do not show up in 'Moderating Decisions' but they do give people very real warnings as to their behaviour and are generally quite an effective tool to make people think about how they use NSC. This is something we all need to continue.

- Report the post.

The being more proactive about infractions and subsequent bans has to be the way forward indeed. Agreed and the most sensible approach I think.

However I would say - "Don't feed the troll by not replying", is something a good deal of the moderators on here have responded with, and is a little trifle annoying when that is wheeled out as it is obvious to me and must be obvious to you that there is a population on here who simply cannot do that. So it might work for those with good self control, but think about those who don't possess that skill and the potential implications of that.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

- Report the post.

VERY disappointing. Why have a poll at all if you are not going to adhere to the result. Run the poll again if you think that people have not understood. It was very clear to me, and also clear (by 6%, clearly statistically relevant, and even more if you consider away fans would only vote one way) that the majority were pro some form of away fans end. Smacks of not liking the result so pick up your toys and sulk off.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
A fair subject for a post, thou I concede I'm too pissed to read all 12 pages I think you have a point in that blatent abuse on your own forum shouldn't be tolerated, however 'banter' is acceptable and even some constructive criticism (thou giving you any help with 'constructive criticism' would be a bit silly, but I mentioned on at least one of your threads you need to watch out for Bolasie!). I do think that the only reason this thread was started was because you lost to us yesterday and maybe some of the Palace have been rubbing it in maybe more than they should. Still it's your forum & we should remind ourselves we are guests on it and maybe not nick the seats whilst we're here...:hilton:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A fair subject for a post, thou I concede I'm too pissed to read all 12 pages I think you have a point in that blatent abuse on your own forum shouldn't be tolerated, however 'banter' is acceptable and even some constructive criticism (thou giving you any help with 'constructive criticism' would be a bit silly, but I mentioned on at least one of your threads you need to watch out for Bolasie!). I do think that the only reason this thread was started was because you lost to us yesterday and maybe some of the Palace have been rubbing it in maybe more than they should. Still it's your forum & we should remind ourselves we are guests on it and maybe not nick the seats whilst we're here...:hilton:

This thread has been bounced from 13 months ago.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What about the away fan that Is far too
Northern or Croydonesque? An automatic ban surely. Seriously though, it needs to be policed more heavily

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports