Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Should NSC just be a football forum?

Should NSC just be a football forum?

• Yes - It should only be focused upon football.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • No - But I think that there should be a section on football, and another for other topics.

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • No - I like it how it is currently, it works fine.

Votes: 263 81.4%

• Total voters

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I feel guilty for writing that now. I share a similar trait. I'm aware of it and I try to tone it down when I notice it, either before or after I click the "Post reply" button.

I think it's like driving: we all see bad drivers on the road, but we are never a bad driver. We all see people being rude, but we are never rude ourselves.
I know I'm rude at work - because I have trouble dealing with numpty's. I often draft the email and then only send it the next day. It used to be a lot safer when it was letters in the post - we crafted them a lot more carefully.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nah

What makes this site one of the best and most interesting Football Forums is the Diversity of the topics.

If it was only about Football. The bad periods would leave people f#cking suicidal .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t really look at other clubs fans forums, is NSC unusual in its wide range of thread subjects, or does every forum discuss everything.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the flounce was a bit of a strange one to be honest considering there's already a link at the top of the forum that takes you to just Albion threads if you want just football threads!
Yes, but other threads still exist. Users are blatantly sharing differing opinions. I guess he has a problem with that…

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don’t really look at other clubs fans forums, is NSC unusual in its wide range of thread subjects, or does every forum discuss everything.
Other forums do include threads on other subjects. However, NSC is quite unique in that. On NSC, subjects like Immigration and LGBT issues. Participants for the most part would have positive views on them. Go on for example somewhere like Stoke City forum and the views of let's use an 80/20 split. On there you would get that 80/20 except that they would be in the opposite trajectory.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Other forums do include threads on other subjects. However, NSC is quite unique in that. On NSC, subjects like Immigration and LGBT issues. Participants for the most part would have positive views on them. Go on for example somewhere like Stoke City forum and the views of let's use an 80/20 split. On there you would get that 80/20 split except that they would be in the opposite trajectory.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
As someone who once ratcheted up their post count because I wasn't in a great place and NSC was somewhere to come that was safe and welcoming, I now post very rarely and am more of a lurker.

The score predictor and staying up tracker have been a weekly must visit for me though and am here because a search for the former brought up this thread.

I like it here even though my visits are less frequent these days. I have been helped in a variety of ways on diverse topics and tried to pay that help forward on topics I'm knowledgeable about.

Don't change, don't stop talking about every subject under the sun, including the controversial ones. There will be forever a million posts I'll ignore but rarely have i ever had to scroll off the first page to find something of interest that informs or entertains or, at the worst of times, keeps me alive.

It's just fine the way it is.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
For those who only want a football related site perhaps it would be helpful if there was a facility for them to permanently block or put on ignore all the non football related prefixes to the various threads.

So instead of blocking or ignoring specific threads which is more labour intensive they could instead be blanket blocked via the prefix option. Is this a possibility?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As someone who once ratcheted up their post count because I wasn't in a great place and NSC was somewhere to come that was safe and welcoming, I now post very rarely and am more of a lurker.

The score predictor and staying up tracker have been a weekly must visit for me though and am here because a search for the former brought up this thread.

I like it here even though my visits are less frequent these days. I have been helped in a variety of ways on diverse topics and tried to pay that help forward on topics I'm knowledgeable about.

Don't change, don't stop talking about every subject under the sun, including the controversial ones. There will be forever a million posts I'll ignore but rarely have i ever had to scroll off the first page to find something of interest that informs or entertains or, at the worst of times, keeps me alive.

It's just fine the way it is.
https://www.northstandchat.com/thre...-brighton-hove-albion-score-predictor.404193/ :thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For those who only want a football related site perhaps it would be helpful if there was a facility for them to permanently block or put on ignore all the non football related prefixes to the various threads.

So instead of blocking or ignoring specific threads which is more labour intensive they could instead be blanket blocked via the prefix option. Is this a possibility?
Just bookmark this...

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
No I don't think the forum should be just a football forum as there are so many other interesting subjects that are discussed.

I love the Just Albion Threads sub forum and this is my first port of call.

I then go to the Big Board main page to catch up with all the other threads.

Ideally I would prefer another sub forum 'Other Football News' for other football news which would then be my second port of call.

The Big Board main page would be next.

I read most threads although there are a few that once I had read the OP I don't go back to, but I always read new threads as you don't know what delights you might find.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No I don't think the forum should be just a football forum as there are so many other interesting subjects that are discussed.

I love the Just Albion Threads sub forum and this is my first port of call.

I then go to the Big Board main page to catch up with all the other threads.

Ideally I would prefer another sub forum 'Other Football News' for other football news which would then be my second port of call.

The Big Board main page would be next.

I read most threads although there are a few that once I had read the OP I don't go back to, but I always read new threads as you don't know what delights you might find.
This does "other football news" only...

It's selecting the Football prefix from the filter on the big board, top right:

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 15.26.27.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here