Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Should NSC just be a football forum?

Should NSC just be a football forum?

• Yes - It should only be focused upon football.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • No - But I think that there should be a section on football, and another for other topics.

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • No - I like it how it is currently, it works fine.

Votes: 263 81.4%

• Total voters

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
After reading the messages in the "Manchester City vs BHA Score Predictor", and the discontinuation of these threads which is saddening, I thought it may be interesting to know the general consensus of users about whether NSC should exclusively focus upon football related topics.
I understand that this isn't an issue for me, and there are others who have a greater role in managing the website, but after seeing this question raised several times on many different threads, I thought that there should be a singular thread asking this question. So, what do you think? 🤔

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It's worked as it is for at least the 17-and-a-half years I've been here - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Agreed, I thought it would be good to reach an overall agreement on this issue as a few seem to be debating otherwise.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Give ya head a wobble, this place is fine just the way it is, a great mixture of football, local issues, history, music, food & drink, health, help and encouragement, entertainment and news…

what’s not to like, don’t like the look of a thread, don’t open it.

Love this place.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Someone once describe NSC as a "virtual pub".
When you meet your mates in a pub before a game, you'll talk about the forthcoming game, and perhaps what you watched on the telly, so and so's latest album, I haven't seen what's his name lately, have you. Found a great restaurant yesterday, anyone know anything about Dahlias, where's everyone going on holiday? etc etc.
NSC is a virtual pub where we all meet and discuss the Albion, and everything else. I love it that way.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Give ya head a wobble, this place is fine just the way it is, a great mixture of football, local issues, history, music, food & drink, health, help and encouragement, entertainment and news…

what’s not to like, don’t like the look of a thread, don’t open it.

Love this place.
I probably like it more for the local/mental health/jokes than the football tbh.!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
When you meet your mates in a pub before a game, you'll talk about the forthcoming game, and perhaps what you watched on the telly, so and so's latest album, I haven't seen what's his name lately, have you. Found a great restaurant yesterday, anyone know anything about Dahlias, where's everyone going on holiday? etc etc.
NSC is a virtual pub where we all meet and discuss the Albion, and everything else. I love it that way.
Plus it’s got nice guys (people) who will help you if you needed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I haven’t got any friends so i like my virtual ones on here :smile:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I agree with this view, however I do wonder how that gang who are sat in the corner counting to 500,000 fit in with the metaphor. Maybe the old blokes who pop in at 3pm for a game of dominoes?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i've been on many other forums on many other subjects and by and large they are shite with their "stay on topic", marshalling of certain discussions to a particular sub forum, rules and etiquette. i stay with NSC because its not like them and really is just like a virtual pub, with all sorts moaning on.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No. I spend most of my time on the NON football threads. That's what makes NSC so great, it's people who all (or mostly all) share a love for the Albion but also want to discuss anything and everything else.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Given the number of times people pop into Dr Who threads to tell people they 'don't watch it, it's a kid show', or into a wrestling thread to tell eveyone they 'don't watch it, it's all fake' or into country music threads to tell everyone they don't like country music, it does seem there is a certain type of poster who really can't avoid opening threads they are not interested in.

(But that'd be their problem, leave NSC as is, I say)

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Given the number of times people pop into Dr Who threads to tell people they 'don't watch it, it's a kid show', or into a wrestling thread to tell eveyone they 'don't watch it, it's all fake' or into country music threads to tell everyone they don't like country music, it does seem there is a certain type of poster who really can't avoid opening threads they are not interested in.

(But that'd their problem, leve NSC as is, I say)
Is there a country music thread ?

Out in the west Texas town of El Paso

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here