Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Should NSC just be a football forum?

Should NSC just be a football forum?

• Yes - It should only be focused upon football.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • No - But I think that there should be a section on football, and another for other topics.

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • No - I like it how it is currently, it works fine.

Votes: 263 81.4%

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Having threads on everything from Gaza to favourite jelly flavour go to illustrate that views are vast and varied on all subjects.

Healthy debate is a good thing, and listening to the views of others, whether you agree with them or not, makes the world go round.

The only time it stumbles is on the rare occasions where 'your view is wrong, I'm right and you're stupid' takes over.

International breaks give us more time to investigate some issues that, whilst possibly having less gravitas, both entertain and educate.

Any thread that you feel dull or too dangerous to enter, then so be it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ages.

@Bozza can you make it pop?
Need something like this, obviously done by someone with better computer skills than a chimpanzee :smile:

IMG_1273.jpeg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The thread itself appears to have flounced now.
In better news, I am delighted that there really was only one grown man on here with an unhealthy obsession with Duran Duran. Phew.
Unlike on the Argus!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
No of course it shouldn't! I don't spend hours here to read about people kicking a ball!! :lolol:
I keep my life simple and don't click on threads that I don't want to read about (I do read the kicking ball stuff). I use emoji's to the point that it probably looks like I'm 16 (I wish) to try and convey my tone. It doesn't always work. (y)
However, if someone flounces due to a difference of opinion when something directly effects them, I can't muster up the energy to feel empathy for them when they have been so derisory to others on here. Especially when it comes to finances. Some people thought one government budget proposal in particular was great as they could hire 2 new members of staff because it expanded their business. No shits were given towards others on here whose finances were going down the pan.
Empathy is where you can imagine yourself in someone else's shoes and be respectful towards their thoughts and feelings. Saying 'I'm alright Jack & f**k the rest of you' is not empathic but expecting it in return when it does impact them, is quite a big ask. 🤷‍♀️

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here