• Sadly yes

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No way

Votes: 248 79.0%

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Which is the issue. If Russia wasn’t sitting on 5 thousand plus of nuclear weapons we would have been in there by now putting an end to this. As it is they do and that is just what we know of. Plus he is clearly losing the plot a bit and is stupid enough to hit the switch
Is it really down to one man pressing a red button to launch thousands of nuclear weapons or does it has to go through a chain of command?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No No No. Life is cheap for the Russians and Putin will just throw unimaginable numbers of canon fodder at Ukraine and anyone else who gets in the way, just like Stalin did at Hitler, and irrespective of the mortality rate until he gets really pissed off and then he'll just start nuking, localised to start with and then taking out whole countries. And anyone who doesn't understand this really needs to get their head fixed.

I can't see it being 'localised' at all. The minute the first one is launched, it's game over. For all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

As a minimum as far as the west bank of the Dnipro river.

Stealth bomb any of Putin's air defences on Ukrainian soil.

I'm against entering Russia though or parking tanks on the Kremlin lawn.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Sadly I agree. We shouldn't be allowing civilians to be slaughtered.

I get the risks but we can't let a modern day Hitler have his way.

I also think NATO are being too nervous. Given Russian forces are mainly young conscripts and haven't been able the break either the Ukrainian forces or even the civilians it would suggest a few battalions of US, UK and French combat troops - Marines, Paras and Special Forces, wouldn't have an issue. All battle hardened from Afgan, Iraq and, for the French, Africa.

I find incomprehensable that we can allow the slaughter to continue.

The trouble is we do not operate in a Ukrainian vacuum. NATO’s army is far superior to that of Russia, and would comfortably overwhelm Russian forces in Ukraine if they were to battle it out there. The issue though is escalation. Would you steadfastly stand by your opinion if that meant all out war (conventional or otherwise) coming to the shores of the UK?

As much as I want to put my kids to bed at night without the threat of aerial bombardment and as much as I don’t want to see nuclear weapons dropped on British soil, it’s not a simply selfish view. If this war escalates to the point that NATO and Russian forces are at war, we will count the victims around the world in the hundreds of millions if not billions.

That’s why we’re seeing such a supposedly meek approach from NATO. The stakes are just so unimaginably high.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You’re right of course but it means his Nuclear Deterrent is far greater than ours, France, US and UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think once the nuclear arsenal gets beyond a certain size it matters not really. Just a couple of hundred of those things is enough to end the world as we know it.

I suppose he's got more to aim at than us.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think once the nuclear arsenal gets beyond a certain size it matters not really. Just a couple of hundred of those things is enough to end the world as we know it.

I suppose he's got more to aim at than us.

Being honest I was talking more about the fact that considering each axis has nuclear capabilities it seems we are more scared making his deterrent far g more effective than ours[emoji45] Not the actual numbers[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No to NATO, at the moment, although maybe the UK alone could hold some special military operations in Ukraine?
I think it's likely that UK and other special forces will already be on the ground in small numbers, as "advisors". Some technical training is surely necessary on the use of anti tank missiles etc. I am sure intelligence from NATO networks is being passed on, satellite images, technical information on Russian weaponry and how to use that if captured, or effective ways to destroy or limit it's effect.

France has released Ukrainian members of the Foreign Legion, so that they can return to Ukraine. There will be other unofficial or oblique help for Ukraine from us and other States too, much of which we will never hear about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly I agree. We shouldn't be allowing civilians to be slaughtered.

I get the risks but we can't let a modern day Hitler have his way.

I also think NATO are being too nervous. Given Russian forces are mainly young conscripts and haven't been able the break either the Ukrainian forces or even the civilians it would suggest a few battalions of US, UK and French combat troops - Marines, Paras and Special Forces, wouldn't have an issue. All battle hardened from Afgan, Iraq and, for the French, Africa.

I find incomprehensable that we can allow the slaughter to continue.

This.

Unfortunately we seem to be caught like rabbits in the headlights.

You can draw a line from Kyiv to Odesa. That would be strategically a perfect place for Putin to draw a line. Some forced movement of people, and job done.

If we aren't going to do anything now, then when exactly? Never. Innit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Personally I would like to see far more wider ranging and immediate sanctions from the West. I still believe this will be the most effective way to stop Putin.

Although this would significantly hit the pockets of certain western individuals, businesses, groups and power bases, I would much rather that than risking further young lives.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I've said no but only purely because I'm not sure how hard or easy it would be for Putin to go nuclear. I think in the west a nuclear strike has to go through many chains of command and even then someone has to "pull the trigger".

I may be completely wrong but my guess is Putin could decide and his yes men would agree and if they don't they'd be shot and replaced with someone that does.

Maybe I've watched too many films :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here