He's more suited to League 2 or perhaps Conference these days

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes providing he is played as a left back

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Unsure. It would depend if either Cobbs or Rents were ready to take on the world in the long run and whether we would be able to find a suitable replacement for him.

He can perform at this level, but not nearly as much as he should/could. He must improve and could do with some hard work over the summer.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't think so. Sam Rents has looked very good whenever I've seen him, and I think the time has come to move on.

He's been a great servant to the club, but we don't have the room for sentiment.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Yes, Yes he should have been!

The one thing that Kerry has got on his side is experiance in both title winning sides and relegation sides and with the amount of youth players we have and players that have only one season of professional football behind them this will be invaluable!

Well done Kerry! :clap2:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lord Bracknell said:
He's not being offered a "new" deal. The Club will honour his existing deal.

Not strictly true tho, if its the same as previous 'performance related' contracts the club can get out of it.

Anyway, i'm afraid he is not at the races anymore.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I really don't know why this question keeps coming up. He IS being offered an extension to his current contract, and that's the end of it. If anyone doesn't like it, that is, as they say, tough shit.

And why keep deabting the merits of Kerry's contract? There are 14 other players out of contract, and they don't keep getting debated. All those people who want Mayo out are only considering him. Methinks they doth protest too much...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good cover for LB and LM. Remember, he has had some good games this season ... as well as one or two not so good!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He has been a regular in the team this season which suggests to me that we need him in the squad at least.

Until his position is totally usurped by one of our youngsters who actually stays for more than a season or we sign someone better, I can see no logical reason for letting him go.

The summer clearout is for players who can't get into the team and have no realistic chance of doing so, surely?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If there is any way we can, we should get rid as soon as is humanly possible... he is a liability and should be kept well away from the first team even if we are forced to offer him a new contract...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports