Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Andy Hill be arrested ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, because that is a detterent to anyone who considers driving dangerously in the future.

OK, in that case there should be a deterrent for anybody contemplating looping the loop in a dangerous place at too low an altitude. I don't know what or if he might be charged with, but the fact that he's very sorry isn't a legal defence.

(Also, if it's a deterrent, how come people still drive dangerously?)

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
OK, in that case there should be a deterrent for anybody contemplating looping the loop in a dangerous place at too low an altitude. I don't know what or if he might be charged with, but the fact that he's very sorry isn't a legal defence.

(Also, if it's a deterrent, how come people still drive dangerously?)

More people would drive dangerously if there wasn't the possibility of punishment if the police catch you doing it?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
So Hb&b starts a thread about a guy that flew an old aeroplane doing dangerous manoeuvres over a massively busy A road.
And yet people on here have a pop at him, even calling him a prick.
Who's the prick here?

Andy Hill is the prick and a bloody massive one. Tosser.

Both?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More people would drive dangerously if there wasn't the possibility of punishment if the police catch you doing it?

You made a bad point by suggesting that if someone killed people accidentally by flying an aeroplane dangerously they should be spare prison because they feel rotten about it - but then decided this leniency should not be extended to car drivers, even though they too probably feel terrible about it. There's no way you can sustain an argument that its somehow not as bad to kill someone with an aeroplane as it is to kill someone with a car.

Best stop digging!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tim is always tremendous value on NSC for me. What I like is he gets so much abuse and he doesn't give a fck. You have to admire someone with such a thick skin !

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
You made a bad point by suggesting that if someone killed people accidentally by flying an aeroplane dangerously they should be spare prison because they feel rotten about it - but then decided this leniency should not be extended to car drivers, even though they too probably feel terrible about it. There's no way you can sustain an argument that its somehow not as bad to kill someone with an aeroplane as it is to kill someone with a car.

Best stop digging!

I actually think drink driving is a worse crime than dangerous driving.

When you get behind the wheel having drunk too much, you have made a considered decision and decided to go for it.

Dangerous driving is usually a bad split second decision. How can that be worse than a bad decsion which you have made over a long period of time.

If you imprisoned drink drivers it would cut out the crime immediately.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tim is always tremendous value on NSC for me. What I like is he gets so much abuse and he doesn't give a fck. You have to admire someone with such a thick skin !

It might be abuse but that likes of El Pres haven't got the minerals in them to approach him directly preferring to hide behind the keyboard…

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It might be abuse but that likes of El Pres haven't got the minerals in them to approach him directly preferring to hide behind the keyboard…

Do give over. Tim LOVES it - he does it for the responses.

And when they are reacting to his written internet drivel - why the hell would they NOT do that in writing, on the some forum? To track him down, to approach him face to face to tell him that you thought his latest attention-seeking post was pathetic, would make you even weirder than he is!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Andy Hill is the prick and a bloody massive one. Tosser.

Whereas I'd say he's a mere human being who presumably loved flying old planes, and who made an absolutely catastrophic mistake on the day.

A mistake with terrible consequences, no doubt, but a mistake nonetheless. The sort we all, as humans, are tragically prone to making.

There but for the grace of God go I, and all that.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Do give over. Tim LOVES it - he does it for the responses.

And when they are reacting to his written internet drivel - why the hell would they NOT do that in writing, on the some forum? To track him down, to approach him face to face to tell him that you thought his latest attention-seeking post was pathetic, would make you even weirder than he is!

Grow a pair and tell him to his face lol

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great thread. Must be doing an awful lot to make the victims' families feel better.

Agreed - I think it's dodgy ground to have such a thread on here tbh - a tragedy so close to all on here...

As for this say it to his face stuff - why do you have to confront someone in real life - I'm sure people aren't that bothered to go and cause incidents in real life that start on the Internet forum surely?!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I'd quite happily deconstruct his ill informed, poorly structured, self centred, inane and unfunny guff in whatever meeting arrangement you suggest.

Lob in £50 to REMF and it can be so.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Grow a pair and tell him to his face lol
Shouldn't you grow a pair and tell him to his face to grow a pair?

Should I grow a pair to tell you to your face to grow a pair to tell him to grow a pair?

Where does the madness end?!

D

Deleted User X18H

I'd quite happily deconstruct his ill informed, poorly structured, self centred, inane and unfunny guff in whatever meeting arrangement you suggest.

Lob in £50 to REMF and it can be so.

Oooooh that's sounds fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here