Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Andy Hill be arrested ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He wasn't under caution. He attended with his lawyer on a voluntary basis. I asked should he be arrested.

:facepalm:

Yes. He was.

And therefore- obviously- no, he shouldn't.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:facepalm:

Yes. He was.

And therefore- obviously- no, he shouldn't.

On the basis the investigation will be governed by the CAA and not the police any prosecution will formally come from them.

Having studied aeronautical science and being a licensed aircraft engineer I have my views on the incident but will not comment apart from the obvious, irrelevant of lack of risk assessments or alike, an experienced pilot should have known better than to perform such acrobatics over a busy road such as he did.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the basis the investigation will be governed by the CAA and not the police any prosecution will formally come from them.

Prosecution will be in the CAA's name, yep. Interview: carried out by police, under caution, despite HB&B's misguided beliefs. I presume they would have taken considerable guidance and/or assistance from the CAA in terms of what was put to Mr Hill.

The pilot of the Hawker Hunter jet which crashed onto the A27 in Sussex killing 11 people, has been interviewed by police for the first time.
Officers spoke to 51-year-old Andy Hill at a police station in Hertfordshire.

THE pilot of the vintage jet which crashed and killed 11 men has been interviewed by police. Andrew Hill, 51, of Hertfordshire, spoke to officers from the Surrey and Sussex major crime team on Thursday - almost exactly four months since the Shoreham Airshow disaster.

Shoreham air disaster pilot Andy Hill has finally been quizzed by detectives four months after the fireball crash that killed 11 people, police revealed today.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is HBB really a trained and qualified journalist (passed all the exams etc) with an NUJ card?

I thought he was just a blogger?

He writes for Brighton and Hove News, the QUALITY online local media publication, that has THREE people scribbling, two of whom seem to be qualified journalists, and one who writes unfunny articles about the Top Rank, Jenkinsons and Coasters, as well as drivel about the Albion.

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/03/09/10-things-you-might-remember-about-coasters-and-the-top-rank-suite/45603

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Seeing as so many people have such colourful opinions of the OP and he clearly makes no effort to disguise himself I wonder if anyone has face to face converted their keyboard persona into real life with him?

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Seeing as so many people have such colourful opinions of the OP and he clearly makes no effort to disguise himself I wonder if anyone has face to face converted their keyboard persona into real life with him?
Only Paul Valley so far

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He wasn't under caution. He attended with his lawyer on a voluntary basis. I asked should he be arrested ?

I didn't say I thought he should be.

Just so its clear you can be interviewed on a voluntary basis but still be under caution.
What grounds would you arrest him on? There is nothing to be gained from arrested him. Police or investigators can secure and preserve evidence by way of questioning him under caution with out him being arrested. I would go as far to say arresting him would be bordering unlawful.
Seems to me that the investigation is taking the right steps. Why not wait for the facts to be released and leave it at that rather than spout rubbish on a internet forum, which appears to have no factual founding at all

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's almost like he wanted to prove the point just in case you weren't quite sure, isn't it?

What a bell-end.

The Dictionary definition of Purgatory should be locked for an eternity in a thread with HBB and LI debating anything. I' pray for a gun with 2 bullets in it as only 1 and I'd use it on myself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Dictionary definition of Purgatory should be locked for an eternity in a thread with HBB and LI debating anything. I' pray for a gun with 2 bullets in it as only 1 and I'd use it on myself.
Best looney post ever. :clap2:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He's bad enough online, face to face would be insufferable :lolol:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I don't see how sending the guy the guy to prison serves any purpose.

Giving someone a custodial sentence is for three reasons:

Punishment: Don't think any punishment could be harsher than carrying the burden of being to blame for all those deaths.

Rehabilitation: He's never going to be allowed to fly another plane, so this is irrelevent.

Stop offender commiting another crime: Again not applicable in this case.

He ****ed up for sure, but I feel sorry for the bloke if anything. I don't think he deserves to go inside.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He writes for Brighton and Hove News, the QUALITY online local media publication, that has THREE people scribbling, two of whom seem to be qualified journalists, and one who writes unfunny articles about the Top Rank, Jenkinsons and Coasters, as well as drivel about the Albion.

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/03/09/10-things-you-might-remember-about-coasters-and-the-top-rank-suite/45603

Is that the one that tweets links to all of the Albion stories that appear in the Arsegas – with the intention, I guess, of making it sound like their own work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here