Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should Abramovich be thrown out of football

Should Abramovich be thrown out of English football ?

• Yes

Votes: 141 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 57 28.8%

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Note NET profits.

Note also, that he actually said ‘victims of the war in Ukraine’ rather than necessarily Ukrainian victims of that war...

His intentions may be honourable in fairness. That fact that he has even referred to a ‘war’ is notable. Putin has banned such talk, hasn’t he?

To be fair I'm not convinced a great percentage of the Russian army actually know what they are fighting for so they are also victims of war.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Note NET profits.

Note also, that he actually said ‘victims of the war in Ukraine’ rather than necessarily Ukrainian victims of that war...

His intentions may be honourable in fairness. That fact that he has even referred to a ‘war’ is notable. Putin has banned such talk, hasn’t he?

Net proceeds, not profits, and he’s not asking for his loans to be repaid. Need a DULLARD to explain what this means but if it’s essentially the value of the club sold without debt, it’s a big number.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Selling up and donating all net proceeds to victims of war in Ukraine
But what does that actually mean? As no matter what he's making a loss on the club as he's writing off £1.5 billion in order to sell the club.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Emailed Chelsea today and offered £1.00 to take it over. They have flatly refused that offer so have gone in with a revised bid of 90p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Net proceeds, not profits, and he’s not asking for his loans to be repaid. Need a DULLARD to explain what this means but if it’s essentially the value of the club sold without debt, it’s a big number.
Net profits is the is the income minus the cost of goods sold. So if he technically sells for under value and writes off the debts, he would be at a loss right?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Net profits is the is the income minus the cost of goods sold. So if he technically sells for under value and writes off the debts, he would be at a loss right?

You’d think, he’d lose an absolute ton. Even if he gave it away for nothing he loses the value of the debt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There’s obviously deals being done with this guy to keep himself out of the sanctions. Dirty grubby business all round.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There’s obviously deals being done with this guy to keep himself out of the sanctions. Dirty grubby business all round.

Nailed on
Russians about as trustworthy as the Arabs
They all have proven track records, as do our blue ringed politicians in taking it up the arse.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can we ban this guy

Can you please provide a link to the post where [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] confesses to [edited accusation out] as I recall no such post. I may have missed it. If no such post exists, I’d suggest you retract the the accusation. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our reluctance to sanction these people shows you how much money talks. Ordinary Russian parlay pianos are banned from competing, many aspects of ordinary Russian lives effected, and yet the very people that profited from the collapse of the Soviet Union - we're not touching. This is surely about pressure on the regime - surely Russia’s powerful are the ones to target?

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Our reluctance to sanction these people shows you how much money talks. Ordinary Russian parlay pianos are banned from competing, many aspects of ordinary Russian lives effected, and yet the very people that profited from the collapse of the Soviet Union - we're not touching. This is surely about pressure on the regime - surely Russia’s powerful are the ones to target?

the only ones! but they have got an awful lot of money. we like money

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Keep reading a lot on here about how we are not sanctioning oli's but we've sanctioned half of the amount that the EU has right, comparitively that seems quite high?

This issue is surely not as simplistic as many are making out.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here