Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham foot/cycle bridge opens today!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Bit of a storm in a teacup! But one poster can't see the difference between horse manure and dog poo - I know which I'd most want to avoid stepping in!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bit of a storm in a teacup! But one poster can't see the difference between horse manure and dog poo - I know which I'd most want to avoid stepping in!

maybe but i know what animal i'd prefer to be walking next to if i went over that bridge...mother comments no sign saying no horses...doesnt say you can't take a car across either but people wouldn't

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
maybe but i know what animal i'd prefer to be walking next to if i went over that bridge...mother comments no sign saying no horses...doesnt say you can't take a car across either but people wouldn't

To be fair, if I was out riding and wanted to cross the river, I'm not sure I wouldn't have used it as well, especially if they could use the old one. It's not the same as driving a car at all. I'd be mortified if mine took a dump, though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
To be fair, if I was out riding and wanted to cross the river, I'm not sure I wouldn't have used it as well, especially if they could use the old one. It's not the same as driving a car at all. I'd be mortified if mine took a dump, though.

spooked horses and glass panels don't mix well

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Agree, awful name, not funny. Used to go in the Toad occasionally, but not for a while, there's plenty of other to go to, Welly, The Sov, The Bridge all good options.

It was all but empty last night. And the Marlipins - which I quite liked as a boozer pub looks to have gone seriously down market. There were two screens with rolling adverts (Carlsberg £3.70 etc, and some sort of text messaging display) - and some generic crap quiz on the speaker system. We went for a pint at The Bridge and there was some folk music group (not a band - but mainly old blokes sitting around a few tables) in there with some very talented musicians.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It was all but empty last night. And the Marlipins - which I quite liked as a boozer pub looks to have gone seriously down market. There were two screens with rolling adverts (Carlsberg £3.70 etc, and some sort of text messaging display) - and some generic crap quiz on the speaker system. We went for a pint at The Bridge and there was some folk music group (not a band - but mainly old blokes sitting around a few tables) in there with some very talented musicians.

DKM the landlord of the Marlipins met an untimely end a few months back, which may explain the disarray. When I first moved to Shoreham 20 years ago, it was my favourite pub, but it is rare for me to go in there these days.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yes i saw they could have used the old one...which is interesting considering it is a lot narrower....have to say having lived in Shoreham all my life and used that footbridge many many times i never once saw a horse cross it...learn something every day

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Quite like the Bridge these days. Heading there Fri evening for din-dins. Good pub food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here