CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just be for a maiden walk over it with Mrs Hut.

The house boats look a bit scruffy but the bridge is fantastic, great idea to use glass so you see the full view, well worth the wait.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My grandfather (a Suter, of Suter's Yard fame) lived at the cottage at the Shoreham end of the bridge. Long gone, like the old bridge and my grandad as well. Nice to see the Yard lives on in name though. Those scary childhood views live with you a long time. Glad that the new footbridge is now open. No Willoughby though...

Growing up my parents owned the kennels next to the rec, so I grew up looking over the rec over the old bridge into Shoreham. Marvelous view.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Growing up my parents owned the kennels next to the rec, so I grew up looking over the rec over the old bridge into Shoreham. Marvelous view.

How good is that, are they still privately owned ?

I spent the first nine years of my life with a view of Amberley Castle

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
How good is that, are they still privately owned ?

I spent the first nine years of my life with a view of Amberley Castle

The kennels ? No, it's Dogs Trust - we sold it to them, but a great place to grow up, 6 acres to play in, animals everywhere (120 dogs, 40 cats plus 2 ponies, 5 sheep, 40 chickens amongst others), and just 5 mins walk from central Shoreham. What's not to like. Amberley castle must be good too.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Pity about the horse sh*t scattered along it.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Walked over the bridge for the first time today it's fantastic and a great addition to the area

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just heading out now to walk across the glorious Shoreham Bridge en route to the Waterside pub to watch some Rugby and a few shandies:drink:

I am envious ...Shoreham really has improved over the years....was looking at property in Ropetackle the other day....

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I blame the old Norfolk Bridge for my fear of heights. When my mother used to walk me across the North footpath in my pram into town, you used to be able to see straight down through holes to the water, and it seemed sooooo far away.

The photos of the buildings at either end of the old Norfolk Bridge look amazing, was no attempt made to save/preserve them when it was rebuilt?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Seem to remember the Ropetackle redevelopment was pretty controversial at the time but it has really been a catalyst to the general uplift of the area.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Seem to remember the Ropetackle redevelopment was pretty controversial at the time but it has really been a catalyst to the general uplift of the area.

I think the 2nd phase of the Ropetackle (north of the railway bridge)will get underway some time next year, massive area of land sitting next to the river just waiting to be developed, houses shops & restaurants are on the planning
It was due to be built around 5 years ago but the housing developers that bought the land went bust

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That brings back memories......my dad would pay the toll....(I believe it was on the Shoreham side)...from the cab of his lorry window...would not have a clue what it cost and it's modern day value...we would be driving to a factory at Littlehampton.

I think it was 2d. It was operated by the railway and I heard the collectors took their lunch money from the takings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here