Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham foot/cycle bridge opens today!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I think the 2nd phase of the Ropetackle (north of the railway bridge)will get underway some time next year, massive area of land sitting next to the river just waiting to be developed, houses shops & restaurants are on the planning
It was due to be built around 5 years ago but the housing developers that bought the land went bust

There was an mini oil rig test drilling type earth testing operation on the site for sale Oppo & north of the Red Lion last week....won't be a straightforward build as pure silt I should imagine, will it get planning tho?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the 2nd phase of the Ropetackle (north of the railway bridge)will get underway some time next year, massive area of land sitting next to the river just waiting to be developed, houses shops & restaurants are on the planning
It was due to be built around 5 years ago but the housing developers that bought the land went bust

Then of course we have the development by Morrisons which includes housing...coast road traffic at that spot should get interesting.

Re footbridge and disruption...the hard standing area in front of the shops in ferry road is being redone next year..i was told 6 months of disruption..not so good for shops like that little bakery

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Then of course we have the development by Morrisons which includes housing...coast road traffic at that spot should get interesting.

Re footbridge and disruption...the hard standing area in front of the shops in ferry road is being redone next year..i was told 6 months of disruption..not so good for shops like that little bakery

We are being consulted if we want a Lidl now so what is happening about a Morrisons.

Oh and we have three co-ops, two Tescos, one stop and m & s for food already.............

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I think they can live with it. The end results will be a massive improvement and hopefully we will then see a bit more interest in some of the empty units.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I think they can live with it. The end results will be a massive improvement and hopefully we will then see a bit more interest in some of the empty units.

There IS interest but if you owned them do you think you would get higher rents before or after the bridge & pavements are in place!?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Ferry Road shops have had an 'Island' population double in a decade with zero competition added & a new bridge & a lovely paved route soon from Station to the sea...in clover

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We are being consulted if we want a Lidl now so what is happening about a Morrisons.

Oh and we have three co-ops, two Tescos, one stop and m & s for food already.............

Morrisons have bought the Frosts & Minelco site that was making 500k a year profit, but the owners found £15m too good to refuse. Monster good looking store opening in 18 months with cafe overlooking the river & even will have moorings to pull up you boat & nip in for the Sports Argus

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Morrisons have bought the Frosts & Minelco site that was making 500k a year profit, but the owners found £15m too good to refuse. Monster good looking store opening in 18 months with cafe overlooking the river & even will have moorings to pull up you boat & nip in for the Sports Argus

I will probably go there if they build that but where the hell would the find a place for a Lidl as well ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does Moon-Man patrol the new bridge flashing his 'police ID' at any kids riding their bikes on it?

I doubt it as you can cycle now on the new bridge

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

As i understand it the lidl is in a different area....of brighton road...but i may be wrong

theboybilly

It's next to Travis Perkins - on the old Edwards site

Indeed. The car park will be behind the little memorial to P.C Jeff Tooley,, and the store itself will be on the other side of the access road. I popped down to see the Lidl exhibition at the Community Centre in Pond Road to see the plans....it's quite impressive and was nice to be asked my opinion. Never had that with Tesco or Morrisons though undoubtedly I will use all of them.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Indeed. The car park will be behind the little memorial to P.C Jeff Tooley,, and the store itself will be on the other side of the access road. I popped down to see the Lidl exhibition at the Community Centre in Pond Road to see the plans....it's quite impressive and was nice to be asked my opinion. Never had that with Tesco or Morrisons though undoubtedly I will use all of them.

Personally, I doubt I'd use Lidl - although, I've never been in one. Would possibly use Morrisons some of the time (I hear their fresh produce is good), but as always it depends on parking - if it's difficult to park, I won't go, simple as that. I guess it's nice we're attracting new business to the area, and I presume they will mean local jobs, so that can't be bad, but if they do become popular, traffic through town is going to get even worse than it is now, and that's normally pretty bad.

theboybilly

I'm not sure what the plans are for the other side of Brighton Road are. Rumour has it there'll be housing, shops and restaurants from where the scrapyard is all the way along to the old Parcel Force building. It won't be cheap buying property there I'm sure. Shoreham really is booming at the moment it would seem. I love the place.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not sure what the plans are for the other side of Brighton Road are. Rumour has it there'll be housing, shops and restaurants from where the scrapyard is all the way along to the old Parcel Force building. It won't be cheap buying property there I'm sure. Shoreham really is booming at the moment it would seem. I love the place.

Ive seen the outline planning...as u say housing, another petrol station..morrisons store of course..quite a large development

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here