Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Shops re-open on Monday - are you up for it?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m hoping people will actually start wearing face coverings whilst shopping, I’ve noticed at the supermarkets just lately barely anyone wears masks anymore, including staff.

Why is it seen as such a big issue to wear face masks? I don’t particularly like wearing them and I don’t fear the virus, but I wear one when shopping just on the off chance I could have the virus and not know. I guess we are relying on that great british common sense again?

Oh :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m hoping people will actually start wearing face coverings whilst shopping, I’ve noticed at the supermarkets just lately barely anyone wears masks anymore, including staff.

Why is it seen as such a big issue to wear face masks? I don’t particularly like wearing them and I don’t fear the virus, but I wear one when shopping just on the off chance I could have the virus and not know. I guess we are relying on that great british common sense again?

Seeing more and more often now facemasks just dumped in the gutter. Stay classy :rolleyes:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I work in town so only pop into churchill square if I need something in my lunch break.

Working from home till September so can't see any desperate rush to the shops.

Will keep shopping online as needed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Never worn one and hope not too.....although did buy some disposable ones in MS yesterday.....ive had an email from my dentists letting me know I’ll need to wear one when they are open....so when they say ‘’open a bit wider’’ I’ll ask if its best i take my mask off first ....not had a problem keeping distance in supermarkets tend to go late when hardly anyone around apart from just a few occasions ....also seen very few staff wear masks right from the off.

Did you see one of Patons tweets yesterday on one metre rule? Quite interesting

https://twitter.com/cricketwyvern/status/1271536558517161985?s=21

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I work in town so only pop into churchill square if I need something in my lunch break.

Working from home till September so can't see any desperate rush to the shops.

Will keep shopping online as needed.

I have a customer who was normally out everyday travelling on the bus from Shoreham to Brighton ...just enjoying the seafront and drifting in and out of the shops...it was her way of coping after losing her husband a few years ago...she has really struggled and I imagine will look forward to next week etc

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Won't be rushing into any shops. Not a huge fan anyway but if I'm in the right mood, browsing around is the enjoyable part - and it would be difficult and stupid to do that currently anyway.

And I'll be wearing a face mask indoors on the basis I'm not a selfish ****. They're more about protecting other people than yourself, so it'd be good to see more people making the effort.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've been waiting for this day since March and I'll be in there soonest.

No, not because I'm some sort of shopaholic freak, but back in Feb I bought 2 palettes of floor and wall tiles - cost about £1,500 with all the trimmings.
Job was finished a couple of days after lock-down and I've got about £300 quids worth of unused materials waiting to return. Tile shop has confirmed they will accept, but not until they re-open as normal.
Having no other income since last December, my credit-card will very much appreciate the credit adjustment.

As for shopping centres - no, I'll leave that to the great unwashed ...

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Having done several insurance / H&S audits in shops due to reopen next week I can tell you that the staff are scared... some national chains are not content with a mask they are wearing plastic visors/mask and will be positioned behind a large plastic screen with customers 2 metres away behind a barrier .
They have been threatened with dismissal if they remove the visor and mask on the shop floor ( even when the stores closed)
But bizarrely they can remove it in the staff rest room!!

Considering you will not be able to try on clothes and any footwear will be disinfected after being touched it would probably be better shopping on line..

Will constant disinfecting of footwear affect the quality/ materials? I know it’s done in bowling alleys.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There is never a need to buy a new book given thousands of good ones are in charity shops

Totally agree. Nothing finer then perusing the book section in the BHF shop in London Road, have picked up loads of genuine gems in there for £1.50. Hugely random however.

Just about the only shops I've missed, as the only other ones I go to stayed open anyway (food & beer). So, I'll probably pop in next weekend, not least because I have about three boxes of stuff to drop off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got by perfectly well without going to many shops at all for 3 months, quite happy to wait a while longer. Amazon and other online portals have virtually everything I need on top of the supermarket delivery and a bit of local fruit/veg/meat shopping.

Mrs D however is DESPERATE for a visit to Lakeside/Bluewater/Westfield or similar [emoji3525][emoji3525]

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Got by perfectly well without going to many shops at all for 3 months, quite happy to wait a while longer. Amazon and other online portals have virtually everything I need on top of the supermarket delivery and a bit of local fruit/veg/meat shopping.

Mrs D however is DESPERATE for a visit to Lakeside/Bluewater/Westfield or similar [emoji3525][emoji3525]

Evidently massive queues outside Primark's stores - how stupid are people?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53044826

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here