Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt Numbers on new home kit

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe not the 50th, but there have certainly been plenty of others ... I started the first one.

And yes I believe it should be discussed as much as possible until the club review their stupid decision to put
names/numbers on shirts which are not readable from distance.
This.
We have had a plain back or patch for the number on the home shirt for years now, not sure why it had to be changed.
I sit near the front of the WSU and struggle to see the numbers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have a search then. We had at least 2 after each pre season home game. Maybe 50 is exaggerating but we have had many. Does it actually matter?! We have more important things to address than people in the wsu not being able to see the numbers clearly. FFS. How about just recognising the players because they all look different!

I am waiting for you to start an interesting thread on the more important things to address, any time you like!
It's easy to knock people for starting threads but some posters may have missed the other FIFTY?? threads on this subject.

el punal

Easy solution! Different coloured boots for each player, when you've run out of colours then go onto mad hair (Kazenga, anyone!), maybe a Fozzie headband, or maybe a brightly coloured "onesie" under the shirts and shorts - really, the list is endless. :laugh:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There were at least four Kazengas' last night, three of them were warming up with Wednesday. So hair doesn't work.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have a search then. We had at least 2 after each pre season home game. Maybe 50 is exaggerating but we have had many. Does it actually matter?! We have more important things to address than people in the wsu not being able to see the numbers clearly. FFS. How about just recognising the players because they all look different!

Strangely many subjects get multiple threads. Here's a bit of advice to prevent you getting bored - if the thread title even hints at being about shirt numbers, don't open it and go to the next thread !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone, presumably someone with no interest in ordinary spectators and no experience of being one, made an almighty cock-up for sure - but there might be an issue with people who've bought replica kit if the design was suddenly changed. Even PB and his marketing team might feel that giving replica kit an eight-week shelf life is taking the p somewhat.

Not many people have numbers on their shirts except maybe for a birthday 40 etc. What is the problem with switching to black numbering instead of yellow?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Will have to get the yellow lettering put on my shirt quick in case they decide to change it.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Oh dear !!!! When there's no constructive argument the less intelligent resort to insults. :flounce::catfight::safeway:

I would doubt I am less intelligent than you and doubt you would even come close to my academic achievements but you carry on with your boring posts. Offering advice and feedback for all. Well done you

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Commentators have also remarked on this. Kamara had great difficulties telling the players apart recently.

Barber was asked about this right at the beginning of the season and said it was because the plain patch had gone. Someone pointed out that black numbers stood out on stripes but he wouldn't have it. It doesn't cost much for numbers so why persist with the yellow?

I don't think that ANY colour of number would be visible on a blue and white striped shirt. Black would be difficult to read against a blue background, as yellow does on white. The only way of avoiding it is to revert to our previous blue patch on the back of shirts.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I would doubt I am less intelligent than you and doubt you would even come close to my academic achievements but you carry on with your boring posts. Offering advice and feedback for all. Well done you

Advice to all ? No my advice was to you - clearly your superior intellect doesn't include the capability of reading the English language. So you've got a degree, a masters, a PHD etc - well done you !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think that ANY colour of number would be visible on a blue and white striped shirt. Black would be difficult to read against a blue background, as yellow does on white. The only way of avoiding it is to revert to our previous blue patch on the back of shirts.

In one of our pre season games (I can't remember which one) the shirts did have black numbers which did stand out more.

This is a Huddersfield shirt sans patch.
huddersfield-town-special-football-shirt-2010-2011-s_24378_2.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even if they just put a solid BLACK outline on the yellow numbers it would help massively.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Advice to all ? No my advice was to you - clearly your superior intellect doesn't include the capability of reading the English language. So you've got a degree, a masters, a PHD etc - well done you !

I was also referring to your posts on other threads which I of course researched before my post. Your embarrassing yourself now and still boring me. So I'm popping on ignore. Bye

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I was also referring to your posts on other threads which I of course researched before my post. Your embarrassing yourself now and still boring me. So I'm popping on ignore. Bye

Really not sure what you're wittering on about but as you've put me on ignore you won't be able to explain ! Nice ..... you go and sulk !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here