[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You would think we had been relegated tonight with all the bedwetting on here.

There’s absolutely zero *********** happening, but there’s an awful lot of fans who are royally pissed off with a terrible result against a team which is already relegated, had 4 wins all season and has lost 5 in a row.

I refuse to type that pathetic phrase that you’ve used because it makes any post that contains it utterly worthless.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sure the potter lickers will have some excuse as to why in 6 games against the bottom three we didn’t win one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm one of the lickers. There is no excuse.

There is a reason though.
We are too slow in the build up.

We cannot break down well set defensive teams.
It isn't as easy as many think, but we are particularly poor at it.

It's a problem which is only going to be resolved with quicker players and quicker play.

We were shit tonight, and there is nothing for anyone to "learn" from that game.

Even so #PotterIn

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ok, well couple of positive things. I think all of us have to give the much maligned AJ a little credit, he came on and was the only on our side who seemed to be busting a gut to make something happen. Couple of sensational crosses and one possible assist if Maupay had the killer instinct.

And Izzy was very impressive given its his first competitive game in 2 years. What a goal that would have been if his 30 yard shot had a bit more curl.

Overall though hugely disappointing tonight. We can play so much better. I would admit if our equaliser stood it would be a very different game, but we got nothing so hard to have excuses. GP has to improve our mindset against the lesser teams. We now look forward to the Leeds game next week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter has to show the balls to root out the players that let us down too regularly. Trossard. Doesn't fancy the scrappy games, Doesn't put a shift in. Coasts through games giving the ball away. A luxury player who can't be arsed. Maupay. Just an embarrassment now. Poor touch. Can't make quick decisions. Can't finish. Championship striker at best. Need to get money for him and replace asap...anybody...just anybody...fed up with this excuse for a striker.
As for the rest...Connolly ship out....terrible. Gross...time up....too slow......must play Izzy.....wow....forgot that dynamism.

Hmm, If we are going to single out players who underperformed tonight it would be Maupay and Gross for me, two players who were appalling tonight

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
We wasted the last half hour because we couldn’t shoot.
We wasted the middle half hour because we couldn’t pass quick enough.
We wasted the first half hour because we couldn’t do anything.

Highlight of the night was seeing Izzy. I must admit to giving him a little clap when he came on. It’s been a long way back for him. Must have been horrible.

The fact they were down was obviously quite liberating for their players. No pressure, absolute freedom to prove themselves for next season.

First half was poor, but second half we were decent.

Sheff Utd were fighting hard, not to stay up of course, but to prove themselves.

Great theory but that’s exactly how they played in December against us when they weren’t relegated, tonight they just didn’t get caught right at the end

Jimmy Grimble

Sick-makingly typical of this godawful season. Can't put two halves of football together at the same time. Always chasing after mistakes of our own making. Repeatedly putting massive effort into getting a half chance in a tight space and then failing to take it. Always looking like we're about to finally dig ourselves out of trouble and then tripping over our own feet and ending up back in the mire. We need to get over this seemingly psychological block of not believing that we can be winners or we are going to be struggling and struggling no matter how pretty our passing is.

Unfortunately, this is very accurate and I say that as a pretty big Potter fan.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If we stay up (which we will do) Potter really needs to work out how to beat this sort of team. It’s his Achilles Heal/blind spot at the moment. Going to be similar teams playing in a similar way next season so he needs a game plan or 2 for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There's a clear and obvious dichotomy between our performances against 'good' sides, and the sides we should really be beating. We can beat Liverpool, Spurs etc, but struggle painfully against Sheff Utd. Why? What's going on?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pissed off with that loss. Failed to beat promoted low budget Blades in 4 attempts.

I won’t be wooed by the match stats.

1. A pathetic number of joke shots into row z, Bissouma crap at that as usual, then they all started copying him. How many? Possession in attack is precious, non-goal scorers blowing it over and over again. No intelligence or composure.

2. Likewise, pathetic grass-cutter shots into Ramsdale’s arms x 10.

3. Maupay - completely out of his depth tonight. Other than joke finishing, he was slow in mind throughout.

4. McGoldrick looked like prime Muzza, owning our entire defence as a target man.

5. Awful defending for THE key goal.

6. We’re inept at anything aerial in attack. Against the vast majority of opponents for season after season, their goalies and CB’s for 90 minutes become imperious. That avenue closed, we become very predictable in having to try to pass it into the net.

Potter or player recruitment failings? ..... I haven’t the foggiest.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
In a relatively short space of time he created two great chances, won a couple of corners and played a lovely through ball to Trossard who messed up. Compare that to izquierdos and Connollys contributions. Add in that he rarely gets game time. Excellent is warranted

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
What £40m striker would we buy then? It’s not as simplistic as that, those type of strikers would be hunted by bigger teams and have wages we couldn’t afford.

You didn’t get Ben White. Deal with it.

no need to be narky. we got two players instead and our defence is improved on last season, white has proven he can't make the step up, it is all good. i was simply commenting that every single week, on every single game thread on here you lot as a collective bemoan your lack of finishing/scoring ability. we signed raphina for less than 20million and he is not even a striker and i think has more or less scored the same as your leading scorer. rodrigo was 25million. to say there are no players out there is just a nonsense and an excuse. get a better scouting network. anyway, i wasn't here to wind anyone up. just seems a simple solution to a problem you lot whinged about all season.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
AJ did OK

He did. Unfortunately It is very NSC to take the piss out of him, even to the point that you can't acknowledge a decent performance.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Defensively we did ok other than a couple of stupid errors that gave them a goal. We shouldn’t play tippy tappy from defence all the time.
For the rest - usual mixture of chance creation and barn doors. We are a good side that just can’t score enough goals from the chances we create. It is true that we play better against better sides - but better sides have the confidence not to play defensively, and allow us to play our own game.
I think I am more angry at the lost opportunity of valuable points than disappointed with the performance.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I desperately want Maupay, Connolly and Ali J not to be sh*t. But I'm more and more convinced every week that I'm destined to be disappointed. Maupay works hard but his brain just isn't quick enough. Connolly hasn't progressed, and it simply isn't working out for Ali J,

Glad I’m not the only one, Maupay still has plenty to offer but **** me Connolly and Ali J just offer nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports