Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
On paper, yes, we had chances, but if you watched the match, those stats flatter to deceive. Really poor tonight. No ****ing commitment.

A few plus points (Jose's back!) but overall it's a D- from me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Potter should come on and apologise for that.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The fact they were down was obviously quite liberating for their players. No pressure, absolute freedom to prove themselves for next season.

First half was poor, but second half we were decent.

Sheff Utd were fighting hard, not to stay up of course, but to prove themselves.

I agree about relegation being finalised released Sheff Utd and they played like preparation for next season.

2nd half flattered us because they sat deep. Yeah, you can say we looked decent because we had possession and knocked it around well, but how many chances, I mean good chances did we create? Maybe the woeful Maupay miss the best of them. Trossard and Gross just moving the ball far too slowly, manager even getting them in at HT couldn’t convince them to speed up their play. Trossard at times is a complete luxury.

The players again have to shoulder the blame for this one, I didn’t see enough quality to merit us getting anything out of the game.

This was not like the defeats to Palace and WBA when we felt the unluckiest team in the world, this was a deserved win for Sheff Utd imho.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why do we seemingly lack motivation against the poorer teams? Potter is supposed be a master of that type of thing isn’t he? Clearly he isn’t.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
You would think we had been relegated tonight with all the bedwetting on here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Taking off Moder was a horrible decision

Putting connolly on was also

Rewarding Maupay with 90 was also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connolly was mentioned just ONCE in my commentary in the whole time he was on the pitch. I had forgotten about him. And what percentage of shots by Maupay actually hit the target I wonder?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It was our terrible first half performance that lost us that game. Fair play to SU in that they defended very well second half although we need plan B when teams defend deep.
What I can’t understand is Connolly on at LWB second half when Zeqiri has played that role. We now have some important games coming up to get the points we need. What SU did in the first half really closed down our passing game. We really were poor in that half and should have occasionally gone long to mix it up a bit.
Good to see Jose back on the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't then.

You have no idea how much I’d like to switch my allegiance, this result was almost inevitable. Four points dropped against WBA and Sheffield United, how is that even possible with the players we have?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Taking aside some woeful performances from starters like Maupay and Gross, I do love Potter but they were 3 absolutely bizarre substitutions tonight when we needed goals.

The first two subs are just not good enough for the Premier League (yes Ali J put 2 really good balls in but that was it despite getting lots of the ball) and the third who hasn’t played for 2 years.

Taking Moder off was also odd when he was one of our better players today, especially in the 2nd half when played in more of his correct position.

We’ve got to stop persisting with pushing Connolly, he’s not up to it. Needs a loan ideally or if he is too arrogant for that as speculated, flog him. Well below the required standard at the moment.

Would MUCH rather have seen Zeqiri, Mac Allister and Alzate.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Sure the potter lickers will have some excuse as to why in 6 games against the bottom three we didn’t win one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, and perhaps they can explain why we beat Liverpool, Spurs and Leeds and drew with Chelsea and Everton.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sick-makingly typical of this godawful season. Can't put two halves of football together at the same time. Always chasing after mistakes of our own making. Repeatedly putting massive effort into getting a half chance in a tight space and then failing to take it. Always looking like we're about to finally dig ourselves out of trouble and then tripping over our own feet and ending up back in the mire. We need to get over this seemingly psychological block of not believing that we can be winners or we are going to be struggling and struggling no matter how pretty our passing is.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It has felt, since we won promotion to the premier league, as if we aim for good enough. Won promotion? That's what we were after, sod the fact we're seven points clear with one hand on the title. feet up and coast the rest of the season. Survival in the premier league. That's all we care about, and as soon as we are or feel safe, the foot comes off the pedal. Finish higher up the table - above newcastle, above southampton, above palace? Pah. Don't care. Survival's alll we care about and we're effectively safe. Slippers on, cup of cocoa, let's just relax.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Potter has to show the balls to root out the players that let us down too regularly. Trossard. Doesn't fancy the scrappy games, Doesn't put a shift in. Coasts through games giving the ball away. A luxury player who can't be arsed. Maupay. Just an embarrassment now. Poor touch. Can't make quick decisions. Can't finish. Championship striker at best. Need to get money for him and replace asap...anybody...just anybody...fed up with this excuse for a striker.
As for the rest...Connolly ship out....terrible. Gross...time up....too slow......must play Izzy.....wow....forgot that dynamism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here