Shef Wedenesday - how do we rate them?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think they (The Wendy's) could easily get a result if our lads put in a below-par performance. However, if we play to the standard that we're capable of, I expect us to win by a couple of goals.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I cant wait for this one, well up for it, Lots of beer straight from work, football, hopefully a complete goal fest with us coming out on top, a 90th min winner from us would be class, if not a little stressful.

Then back into town for beers beers beers and hopefully ending the night with some chips and tits.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Small time Yorkshire club with an outdated ground living on ancient glories circa John Harkness 1990-something (or whatever that tasty-looking Yank was called). There'll be only one winner of this fixture and it sure ain't gonna be Wednesday.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
I think we will be competitive in this league and would not rule out us getting something from your place but you're on a good little run at present whilst we have lost our first game in 20 games.

If we respond in the right manner then it could make for a good game, the side you brushed aside 18 months is long forgotten, then again you lot aren't the same either, I am looking forward to this one though.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Don't really know how to rate them since they lost to Palace which shows they are far from the invincibles that many of their fans think. I'm not sure they are even best of the 3 promoted teams.

I guess that they are hungry for more success following promotion from Lge. 1, just like we were a year ago. We got off to a flyer but then ran out of steam. But then so did several more fancied sides with reputations from the past (eg Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Ipswich, 'Boro) who many thought they should cruise through the Championship but fell short.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we will be competitive in this league and would not rule out us getting something from your place but you're on a good little run at present whilst we have lost our first game in 20 games.

If we respond in the right manner then it could make for a good game, the side you brushed aside 18 months is long forgotten, then again you lot aren't the same either, I am looking forward to this one though.

Also you lost against Palace, and we are MILES better than Palace. At home, we will be expecting a win.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't see the galacticos that Gus has now assembled not winning this one to be honest, but you never know.

Jones is a decent manager, they've got Bothroyd, Mattock won't let them down, but not in the class of Bridge or Bruno.

Heart is cautious , head says a big win - and I mean it that way round.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sheffield Wednesday

stock-photo-1807689-nun-series-toothless-laugh.jpg

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
On paper, we should win comfortably but if we have an off day anything can happen. Miguel Llera, who plays at the back for them, is one of the slowest footballers I've ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports