Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaving

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I use a cut throat but I also have a feather safety razor and use feather blades. Sharpest blades in the world apparently. Give a damn close shave by all accounts.

Jul 7, 2003
I tried the Bearded Colonel for a while. Initial impression was that they gave a good shave but I found that the blades became easily bunged up and didn't last very long. I have gone back to my Gillette now.

Looking at the pictures online, it looks like Cornerstone and Bearded Colonel use the same blades.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

I've been using Cornerstone ever since and the razor is fantastic. I shave against the grain on my neck for the smoothest, closets shave and this razor does it without any shaving burn or cuts.

I do follow a process where I always ensure my neck has had either a soak with a hot flannel or plenty of hot water on it in the shower and then use Arko shaving soap to ensure this but the razor does most of the work.

Recommended.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Looking for some recommendations on decent razors that will give me a silky smooth shave (face!).

Tired of the normal Gillett / Wilkinson Sword crap that always seem to cause irritation no matter how many batterys and swivel heads they put in them.

Ive been looking at some of zee German safety razors like Muhles ect but any reccomendations from NSC faithfull?

Grow a beard without trimming it. It's very liberating!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yeah I have a trimmer at home to keep the beard in check.

It's mostly the neck that causes me grief, the hair grows out in all different directions down there so it'll be going nice and smooth until I hit a certain patch and all of a sudden I'm cut.

When I first read the bolded part I thought "NO! You really don't want to shave with a blade down there. If you cut anything down there it could be permanent. Then I noticed that you were referring to your neck when you said down there.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone else able to use a "disposable" razor for an inordinate length of time...?

I reckon I've done a daily beard/tache shave for about 6 months on a Fusion.

Involves a bit of scraping away but gets the job done and my skin seems to take it. Quite funny when I get a new one and it feels like some sort of science fiction wonder gadget in its efficiency... :)

Exactly this, I reckon I use a blade for about 2 or 3 months before switching.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
When I first read the bolded part I thought "NO! You really don't want to shave with a blade down there. If you cut anything down there it could be permanent. Then I noticed that you were referring to your neck when you said down there.

I have used a blade down there before. Very, very carefully.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Some people on here are just full blown wierd.

Electric shaver if you really need to know. Not perfect but good enough, safe and quick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here