Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaving

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Might not need to change your razor. I was having the same problem as you and changed my shaving gel and starting using a aftershave balm. I use the Molton Brown shaving cream and the Molton Brown Extra Rich Bai Ji Hydrator Facial Moisturisershaving cream. Not cheap at £22 & £26 each but well worth it. I reckon that I spend about £100 per year in total.
Couldn't agree more. Wife got me some Elizabeth Earle shaving cream and I was staggered at the end result which was the smoothest skin ever

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Well I've been using my faithful Gillette Fusion for years now, gives a really smooth even shave, so I've had no reason to look elsewhere.

Mind you, that's for a wet shave of course, I can't get on with electric razors at all. They often leave me with a rash, and for me, they don't shave close enough.

The people who bought the naming rights of the NFL New England Patriots stadium will be very happy with your choice of Gillette. As the Patriots play in Gillette Stadium. As do the MLS New England Revolution.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I saw them advertised a few weeks ago but didn't know anyone who used them. What is the handle like - I hate the really lightweight handles like the King of Shaves ones?

Handle is a good weight, not as heavy as some but works for me and I dislike lightweight ones too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Waste of time. I shave around once every two weeks, when it gets too itchy. Well, I tend to clip it down with the clippers on minimal setting. I had my first wet shave of 2015 in December...was going away so needed a closer shave to last longer.

Jul 7, 2003
Handle is a good weight, not as heavy as some but works for me and I dislike lightweight ones too.

PM me the referral link and I might give them a try when my current supply of blades runs out

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I use double-edged razor from Men Rock (menrock.co.uk) - good value and great product, replacement blades are cheap and the rest of their range is great too (shave cream especially).

Much better than the Gillette I was using for 10 years beforehand and works out miles cheaper as well.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Is there any shaving blade that is 100% safe from cutting the neck area? Being left-handed I always manage to nick myself and not a fan of blood. :eek:

Only need to shave once a week. I don't mind paying a little more for a red free basin.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I have an open razor that I have started to use but I still finish off with my Fusion Clipper, especially under the nose where I don't quite trust myself yet.
I use these people online bloody brilliant. this is on my latest order. http://www.shaving-shack.com/the-shaving-shack-luxury-shaving-cream-exotic-sandalwood-150g.html
Don't bother with the Shavettes unless it's for Halloween. They are just holders for a naked razor blade that you have to break in half. Everything else is excellent.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Is there any shaving blade that is 100% safe from cutting the neck area? Being left-handed I always manage to nick myself and not a fan of blood. :eek:

Only need to shave once a week. I don't mind paying a little more for a red free basin.

I have just started using the Gillette Pro-glide. Very good and should not cut your neck.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Babyliss i trim 👍

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here