Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex gang leader appeals deportation......on the grounds of Human Rights

el punal

The EU (and the European Court of Human Rights) will step in to save the useless turd's bacon. Human rights - they deny them to victims, but scum like this must be given them again and again and again. Time to leave (although not denying that our own learned judges can give some f***wittedly stupid decisions a times too).

Twenty-two years in her Majesty's bed and breakfast will be something for him to enjoy in the meantime. I'm sure his fellow guests will make feel more than welcome.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yes, but who was the first to actually DO anything about it, internationally?

(The answer, by the way, is Britain, so don't try coming back with any smart answer - which would only make you look silly)

I'm afraid old fruit there's only one person who's made themselves look silly on this thread. What's your poison?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Twenty-two years in her Majesty's bed and breakfast will be something for him to enjoy in the meantime. I'm sure his fellow guests will make feel more than welcome.

I'm sure they would but he'll probably be in solitary for his own protection so that nobody can get to him
Surely the point at issue is that scumbags like this should automatically have their British citizenship revoked and be deported back from whence they came - he is originally from Pakistan so should be sent back there to serve his time at their expense and not ours

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Which bit(s) of the European Convention on Human rights do you want us to remove ourselves from :

Right to life
Anti-torture and inhumane treatment
Anti-slavery
Right to liberty and security of the person
Right to a fair trial
Anti-retrospective conviction
Right to private and family life
Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion
Right to freedom of expression
Right to freedom of assembly and association
Right to marriage
Right to an effective remedy
Anti-discrimination
Right to peaceful enjoyment of property
Duty to provide fair and free elections
Right to education
?
I'd pull out of the ECHR and either the judiciary applied our laws in a sensible way or I'd have our own bill of rights , I really dont care if deporting a criminal contravenes his right to a family life, I'm pretty sure that a lot of the rights you've quoted would be covered by our existing laws anyway.

Yoda

English & European
Yes, all of this.

I'd like to remove ourselves from as all these ''rights'' as these ''rights'' can be dealt with by our own courts and law making.

You do know we'd have to leave Europe (as in the continent) for this to happen. Which I don't think is possible.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm sure they would but he'll probably be in solitary for his own protection so that nobody can get to him
Surely the point at issue is that scumbags like this should automatically have their British citizenship revoked and be deported back from whence they came - he is originally from Pakistan so should be sent back there to serve his time at their expense and not ours
The trouble with that is the corruption there , i doubt hed be in prison for long were he to go back.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I only adopt a confrontational approach with tossers like you :lolol:

You wouldn't know a respectful approach if it came up to you and shook you by the hand and bid you a good day.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You wouldn't know a respectful approach if it came up to you and shook you by the hand and bid you a good day.
Of course I would , respectful would indicate that I respect someone, I dont respect you at all , I think youre a knob.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You do know we'd have to leave Europe (as in the continent) for this to happen. Which I don't think is possible.
can you explain how we'd have to leave Europe as in the continent for this to happen ?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Of course I would , respectful would indicate that I respect someone, I dont respect you at all , I think youre a knob.

Well I can't compete with arguments like that! Poo breath.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Stepping aside from the EU side of the debate and the history lesson on the past (we have moved on you know) when we abolished slavery and who got the best achievement award for doing it first, this horrible being should serve his full sentence. No money should be wasted on his appeal. The "human rights" which he took away from the young girls is all that should be considered. If as i suspect this case drags on then the £83000 that he built up in his bank account, probably made from the grooming should be used to finance the case.
If he is deported to Pakistan where this crime here does not seem to be a crime there, then he will soon be living a normal life. Hope he rots in jail here and dies before release.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You're aware, of course, that the ECHR is different to the EU and that leaving the EU wouldn't absolve us from our responsibilities, aren't you ?

You're aware, of course, that any country wishing to join the EU must sign up to ECHR jurisdiction therefore the two are inextricably linked.

Leaving the EU would give give us the freedom to set our own Human rights standards and enforcement body which would most likely include 95% of ECHR standards. But the important 5% could be adjusted to remove the elements which allow the numerous spurious claims better balancing the rights of victims and the wider public against the rights of convicted terrorists, rapists, killers etc.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You're aware, of course, that any country wishing to join the EU must sign up to ECHR jurisdiction therefore the two are inextricably linked.

Leaving the EU would give give us the freedom to set our own Human rights standards and enforcement body which would most likely include 95% of ECHR standards. But the important 5% could be adjusted to remove the elements which allow the numerous spurious claims better balancing the rights of victims and the wider public against the rights of convicted terrorists, rapists, killers etc.
Spot on , put more eloquently than i could manage

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Which countries would that apply to? The only European country not a signatory to the Convention of Human Rights is Belarus. I think there's a long way to go before Europe's last dictatorship is a member of either body

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Which countries would that apply to? The only European country not a signatory to the Convention of Human Rights is Belarus. I think there's a long way to go before Europe's last dictatorship is a member of either body

Any country wanting to join the EU has to sign up to the ECHR. In the unlikely event Belarus wanted to join it would have to change quite dramatically!. I seem to remember this was also a problem for Turkey's proposed membership re the death penalty, might be wrong though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Any country wanting to join the EU has to sign up to the ECHR. In the unlikely event Belarus wanted to join it would have to change quite dramatically!. I seem to remember this was also a problem for Turkey's proposed membership re the death penalty, might be wrong though.

Turkey is a signed-up member of the ECHR. In fact, its judge is one of the two vice-presidents of the court

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here