Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex gang leader appeals deportation......on the grounds of Human Rights

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One of whose apologists? Who is apologising for that rapist?

You can doubt all you want. It doesn't change that you are wrong.

The European Court of Human Rights is a court run by the Council of Europe. The Council of Europe, while working alongisde the European Union, is a totally separate entity, consisting of 47 countries (including Russia). The idea was first mooted by Sir Winston Churchill.

So you don't like the concept of human rights? Or is it you're just taking them for granted?

Oh listen to yourself! Yes, of course human rights are important, but the ECHR doesn't understand the difference between a right and taking a liberty.

If we have a terrorist in England, preaching murder and destruction of the entire western world, he can go to the ECHR and claim his right to stay here because otherwise it would deprive him of his right to a family life. It's already been done - it worked for years - and he got a fortune in benefits.

Freedom of thought is a load of bollox for a start

Personally I've always been keen to put my own thoughts into action but have no problem with anyone else not doing so.

It seems from the article you've quoted that this guy is appealing to an Immigration Tribunal about having his British Citizenship withdrawn; there's no deportation order and, in any case, deportation could not occur until he's completed his sentence. The Govt's Counsel is quoted as saying that Ahmed has contacted the ECHR about appealing his conviction.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The European Court of Human Rights is a court run by the Council of Europe. The Council of Europe, while working alongisde the European Union, is a totally separate entity, consisting of 47 European countries (including Russia, but except Belarus, Kazakhstan and Vatican City), and pre-dates what is now the EU by eight years. The idea was first mooted by Sir Winston Churchill.

So you don't like the concept of human rights? Or is it you're just taking them for granted?

Sorry - what or who is that rapist you're bringing into this discussion? No, I suspected not - just a bit of OTT rambling, was it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Slavery was abolished in Britain in 1834.

That was after Greece (1822), Holland (1814), Spain (1811).
Some abolitions are a bit vague as some countries outlawed trading slaves before actually outlawing slavery and others stopped it at home whilst allowing it to continue in thier colonies.
Yes, but who was the first to actually DO anything about it, internationally?

(The answer, by the way, is Britain, so don't try coming back with any smart answer - which would only make you look silly)

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Personally I've always been keen to put my own thoughts into action but have no problem with anyone else not doing so.

It seems from the article you've quoted that this guy is appealing to an Immigration Tribunal about having his British Citizenship withdrawn; there's no deportation order and, in any case, deportation could not occur until he's completed his sentence. The Govt's Counsel is quoted as saying that Ahmed has contacted the ECHR about appealing his conviction.
Good for you old bean. I'm pleased to hear it.

Maybe read the first paragraph of the article again.....

The ringleader of a child sex grooming ganghas appealed against deportation from Britain on human rights grounds.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

(The answer, by the way, is Britain, so don't try coming back with any smart answer - which would only make you look silly)

Iceland abolished slavery in 1117.

Is that smart ? Do I look silly ?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Is it? Who told you that?

Bearing in mind Iceland abolished it in the 12th century, and Sweden in the 14th century, Portugal (a long-standing ally of Britain) 70 years before Britain did so, and that at the same time other countries were abolishing slavery, Britain (in 1805) refused to do so, can you provide evidence that Britain is the 'first to do anything about it internationally'...?

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
just a bit of OTT rambling, was it?

No. I was just clearing up your error about the difference between the Council of Europe and the European Union.

Happy to help. :)

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
When you open borders and allow free movement of people, it is a dream chance for criminals and lowlifes of all kinds to get new hunting grounds. That's exactly what happened in Poland. Of course, a lot of honest, hard working folks left too, but opening the EU borders in 2004 caused a huge wave of criminals and bandits of all kinds leaving for more fertile lands. There used to be streets and neighbourghoods where one shouldn't even consider going to after dark, whilst now you can walk there without being bothered by anyone (of course, there are still dangerous areas but not nearly as many as there used to be before Poland entered the EU).

Crime rate has fallen drastically in Poland since 2004. You can ask anyone (especially in big cities) and he will tell you the same--the EU worked as a huge vacuum cleaner sucking up thousands of our criminals, petty thieves, rapists etc.

Official statistics from Polish Police: in 2004 there were on average 4003 crimes commited a day, whilst in 2014 this number was only 2507 (a fall by 1496!). Today Poland is the 2nd safest country in Europe!

http://www.policja.pl/pol/aktualnosci/107731,Rok-2014-bardziej-bezpieczny.html

Thank you, EU (and I mean it!).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think what gets people's backs up is when scum like this fella who has conducted the most dreadful crimes against vulnerable youngsters claims his Human Rights are being violated. I wonder what he thought of his victims Human Rights whilst violating them physically and psychologically?

Not a **** of alot is my guess.

Then the response should be to reform the Human Rights Act, not scrap it altogether, or use these extreme cases (and scum-bag people) as arguments for quitting the EU.

If people really object to living in a society which has statutory human rights, they can always go and live somewhere like North Korea!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

The European Court of Human Rights is a court run by the Council of Europe. The Council of Europe, while working alongisde the European Union, is a totally separate entity, consisting of 47 European countries (including Russia, but except Belarus, Kazakhstan and Vatican City), and pre-dates what is now the EU by eight years. The idea was first mooted by Sir Winston Churchill.

Nice to see a sensible post on this topic.

Sad (but entirely predictable) to see so many people using the case of an odious scumbag as a stick to beat the ECHR and EU with, and to conflate the two entirely separate entities. as well.

The anti-EU brigade blame anything they don't like, approve of, or understand, on the dastardly EU; never sure if it's due to ignorance or paranoia.

Show me someone who is opposed to the principle of human rights, and they are probably a would-be/wannabe tyrant or dictator; just look at the vile regimes in the world - today and in the last 100 years - which have denied human rights; is that what people want us to be like?

Arbitrary arrest? Unlimited detention in a police cell without charge or access to a lawyer? Trial without jury? The right to express controversial opinions (on NSC)? Yeah, let's get rid of all this namby-pamby human rights bollox because of a few scumbags who abuse the legislation and system!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
We have our own courts , it's only when they lose the court cases in our courts i.e. lose their case , that they use the European court of Human Rights card . And yes as well as leaving the EU if whatever the British courts decide then that should be final ! I guess the tax payer again has to fork out when taken to the ECoHR ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Which bit(s) of the European Convention on Human rights do you want us to remove ourselves from :

Right to life
Anti-torture and inhumane treatment
Anti-slavery
Right to liberty and security of the person
Right to a fair trial
Anti-retrospective conviction
Right to private and family life
Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion
Right to freedom of expression
Right to freedom of assembly and association
Right to marriage
Right to an effective remedy
Anti-discrimination
Right to peaceful enjoyment of property
Duty to provide fair and free elections
Right to education
?

Like most seemingly stupid rules and laws, the problem is not with the intention, but with the stupidity of those individuals who commonly who implement them.

And WTF is the 'right to an effective remedy'? :lol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Which bit(s) of the European Convention on Human rights do you want us to remove ourselves from :

Right to life
Anti-slavery
Right to a fair trial
Right to marriage
Anti-discrimination
Right to education
?

Were none of those law here then before the ECHR showed us savages the error of our ways?

If we pulled out could Farage get a couple of slaves?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Right to life
Anti-slavery
Right to a fair trial
Right to marriage
Anti-discrimination
Right to education
?

Yes, all of this.

I'd like to remove ourselves from as all these ''rights'' as these ''rights'' can be dealt with by our own courts and law making.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I cant see ''Right to be a scum bag'' in any of those so this should be and open and shut case.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Chances are this a non issue in the bigger picture. He's 66. He was sentenced to 22 years. I suspect any parole would be minimal due to political and public outrage at the seriousness of the crimes. (I hope) Do the maths. Will he last the distance? Doubtful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here