Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell Dunk in January

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not surprised Faurlin reacted like that, he's had three cruciate injuries losing years of his career and it was a shocking challenge from Dunk, not only endangering an opponent but damaging his own team's chances.

There is no hindsight here, we have all discussed Dunk earlier this season and stressed that he has got to cut these errors out of his game. He is 24 now, not some kid, and it is costing us points and could cost him playing at a higher level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why should we sell him? He has been exposed and shown to not be as good as many on here rate him , so we wouldnt get a decent price for him, nothing like the £5m suggested in the summer I think that he was unlucky with the first yellow as it was a nothing foul but very lucky not to get a straight red for the 2nd as I have seen them given for much less a challenge.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

We would all have been gutted had he left in the summer.. He will continue to make mistakes, but they will gradually become fewer.. He is not a kid, but he is still inexperienced in the context of a top of the championship season. He is committed, desperate to defend well. He saves us far more than he costs us.. Let him play and learn, and he will get better and better.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I actually thought Lewis had a brilliant game tonight.......Then all of a sudden near he end, it looked like he was intentionally looking to get sent off. Both fouls were stupid. It seems to me like when he is on TV he feels the need to make himself the talking point.

I am gonna hazard a guess here and this is pure speculation on my part. I have no inside knowledge on anything but I have a feeling his Agent has probably been contacted and advised that a bid is going to come in for him in January and he needs to make sure he doesn't get injured between now and than.

Just a guess but he just looked intent in getting sent off late in the game tonight.

Do you really think this is possible? It seems utterly bizarre to me that a player would do that. The only incident I can remember of this nature was when Steve Foster tried to get sent off against Notts County in '83 so that he wouldn't miss the cup final, but the ref wouldn't book him for deliberately catching the ball.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'll just leave this here.

goal.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not surprised Faurlin reacted like that, he's had three cruciate injuries losing years of his career and it was a shocking challenge from Dunk, not only endangering an opponent but damaging his own team's chances.

There is no hindsight here, we have all discussed Dunk earlier this season and stressed that he has got to cut these errors out of his game. He is 24 now, not some kid, and it is costing us points and could cost him playing at a higher level.

You may not be surprised at Faulin's reaction, but the rules state that if you raise your hands, never mind fists, it is a red card.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He let himself, the club and the supporters down and a fine to show him he can't be so reckless would suffice, two extra points are hugely precious and we are no longer top. However, although I've only read one page so far I'm already having a huge laugh at the 'kneejerkers'!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Thought the ref was right, though surprised the QPR player didn't follow for retaliation.

The QPR player squared up to him but was careful not to move his head forward or to raise his arms. Dunk responded by pushing him in the chest and could have been booked for that as well as the tackle. Then he had to moan and whine all the way off the pitch and in the 4th official's face. Hughton really has to sit him down and bollock the sh*t out of him. The first booking was also stupid behaviour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The QPR player squared up to him but was careful not to move his head forward or to raise his arms. Dunk responded by pushing him in the chest and could have been booked for that as well as the tackle. Then he had to moan and whine all the way off the pitch and in the 4th official's face. Hughton really has to sit him down and bollock the sh*t out of him. The first booking was also stupid behaviour.

Faulin raised his fists. I saw that quite clearly on tv

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's kind of a shame because I thought he was having a good game up until his first booking. Assist from shirt tugging for 0-1 and usual tidy defensive job. Can't understand why he lost his head?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Now that is food for thought.....

No it isn't. If Dunk is trying not to get injured then he wouldn't lunge in like he did. He will play the same as he does week in week out irrespective of whether clubs make an offer for him.

Lot of criticism of Dunk on this thread but what about Greer? He was at fault for the first goal as when the ball came in he went to ground which gave Austin the chance to turn and a free shot at goal!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Might be time to try out Goldson... in my view a more athletic option who could prove a decent option with Uwe if the two encumbants Continue to cause havoc and stress.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Might be time to try out Goldson... in my view a more athletic option who could prove a decent option with Uwe if the two encumbants Continue to cause havoc and stress.

Yes, let's put a player in, that has no Championship experience at all, against the league leaders!!
:facepalm:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm pleased we have an enforced.change Saturday. The threat to the promotion challenge for first.few.games was not.scoring goals. Now it is becoming conceding too many. You lose.a lot.more games than not when conceding 2, which makes the unbeaten run look even more of an achievement over last.3.games. But it won't continue unless we.shore.up.more.

So think it is time to try something different, albeit Hunemeir was regular for a while. I would lime Goldson to have a run too; yes it is a gamble with new player but he has to start some time. Conceding 2 goals per game is not all about.central.defenders but they are a.key part and GG and Dunk don't look secure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there's an exact correlation between how well LD is playing and the size of the stooopid mistake.

The better his form is, the greater the mistake.

If he's a little under par, the mistakes are also low level.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not doubting he can be a great player but time after time he makes silly mistakes that put the team under pressure. He will cost us silly points this season.

Which is why you started a thread called "sell Dunk in January".

Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here