Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Selhurst Park "improvements"

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Is their training ground the old NatWest Sportsground ? Used to go there to play tennis and cricket. Canteen did a great fry up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Looks like it is. (NatWest swallowed up by RBS).

The banks and insurance giants had so many employees, they could sustain huge sports/social facilities in suburbia.

I'm sure the banks still own one way or another:whistle:

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Is their training ground the old NatWest Sportsground ? Used to go there to play tennis and cricket. Canteen did a great fry up.

Customer: Well, what've you got?

Server: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and rat; egg bacon and rat; egg bacon sausage and rat; rat bacon sausage and rat; rat egg rat rat bacon and rat; rat sausage rat rat bacon rat tomato and rat...

Players, starting to chant: rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat...

Server: ...rat rat rat egg and rat; rat rat rat rat rat rat baked beans rat rat rat...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There’s a sad irony that, back when you were homeless and without a pot to piss in, the few palace fans* that were on the pre-cursor to this place, supported your club, both financially and by writing letters of support to god knows how many different people.

Twenty years on and we are struggling to rebuild one stand and all most of you want to do is take the piss.

You’ve forgotten your past, blinded by Tony Blooms ££££

*Except DAVE-THE-EAGLE, obviously.

Don't try to pull that rubbish. Many people from this board have been at the forefront of helping other supporters facing difficulties throughout the period of which you speak. I've been humbled and amazed over the years at the lengths some of them will go to offer solidarity to strangers in the name of supporter solidarity.

A multi million pound business failing to extend it's facilities in no way compares to a community's club facing potential extinction. You've been on here long enough to know that, if your supporters, (not your billionaire owners) faced real problems that threatened their right to support their local team, all hostilities would be suspended and they would find friends on here immediately. Pretending that you are not fully aware of this just to try to make a cheap shot may be acceptable in the children's play area of the BBS's Away End, but you are not posting there. Have the decency to keep the criticism honest and don't try to use the past generous actions of some good people on your side as a prop to support your shaky accusations. It undermines the admirable spirit in which the help was given.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Rather than get pissy-knickered with fans of a different club, maybe the frustration should be directed at Beaky? He's has set this up. He has generated unrealistic expectations. That club is placed well to develop despite limitations of space. I'm not that convinced that Brentford's new place will be good for my OCD but they have worked around the plot available. Beaky's plans seem misdirected from the very start: too grand, too complicated, based on assumption Americans would not leave and failing to address what the fans think about other stands. The academy plans look okay and its the inside and facilities that count.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
There’s a sad irony that, back when you were homeless and without a pot to piss in, the few palace fans* that were on the pre-cursor to this place, supported your club, both financially and by writing letters of support to god knows how many different people.

Twenty years on and we are struggling to rebuild one stand and all most of you want to do is take the piss.

The sad bit of this is that after 25 years of taking the piss out of our trials and tribulations it’s just suddenly occurred that the boot is very much on the other foot. Instead of picking up arms and dealing with it, you’ve decided that we are really nasty for pointing out the blindingly obvious. Everything from a shithole of a ground to so called ultras who refused to watch gnome games because they couldn’t sit behind the goal.
Yes, there are palace fans that genuinely care but they are very, very few in number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
They were in the mid 70s too

I'm sure they hit double figures one time

Full of ringers I reckon

I played for them in my final year there, '76, and to be fair we did win everything!!

The headteacher then was so football focused for the boys, and for the girls netball. He thought that being good at sport reflected well on the school.

I remember a home game against Cradle Hill and we had scored a couple, on of the Annecy kids was heckling the CH goalie, and ay half-time the poor lad was in bits and refused to go back out.

I think in the team that I played in, we had at least 3 lads play for Sussex Boys. I wasn't one of them :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

When you stop spending every penny from being in the PL on last big contract old players and a new Improved contract for Zaha whilst ignoring the state of your ground, we might stop taking the piss :shrug:

If you ever fell as far as we did under Archer and Stanley you can 100% expect and would receive massive backing from Albion fans. We would still be taking the piss though :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you stop spending every penny from being in the PL on last big contract old players and a new Improved contract for Zaha whilst ignoring the state of your ground, we might stop taking the piss :shrug:

I'm quite happy for them to continue, in the same vein.

'This is our club and this is what they do'.

But just for once 'own it' and own the shitehouseary that goes with it.

All the ridiculous posturing and now back tracking on that is just bordering on abnormal.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Not a new stadium, just a stand.

Not just any stand. A state of the art stand that can fit the entire population of London in leatherette armchairs and has a pic of an Eagle on the side.

It will have a vending machine serving latest drinks like Tab clear and Um Bongo.

The five star catering will serve a selection of your favourite vesta meals and toasted sandwiches.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The Groupon MegaStad, no less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
UnhealthyIllustriousBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

It was Police Academy we're talking about :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

But we were HOMELESS as you say - and shafted by greedy scum. You have a stadium* so it’s up to you to sort a new stand - you haven’t been shafted one bit. You may also find that many on here signed a petition not to dissolve you when you went into administration once again 10 years ago. And that was purely your own fault and cheating. I personally regret signing it when I hear the ridiculous non sensical views of some of your fans and I also never want you to forget you cheated. Totally different to us and there’s no comparison...

You seem a decent poster and don’t get involved in the playground deluded stuff on here but I really don’t agree with your post tbh.

*matter of opinion

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

As one of the VERY few (generally) sensible Palace fans who post on here (I think there are two currently, including you) you've got to be really disappointed with this nonsense.

You've even contradicted yourself with the point about us being homeless whereas all you are trying to do is rebuild a stand. I know you're not stupid, so you must be able to see how stupid that comparison is.

£500m+ income from the PL and you're trying to say we should feel sorry for you and not take the piss?

Go sit in the corner and have a word with yourself. :dunce::lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

As already mentioned several times, you are a decent poster on here, unlike your other brethren, who seem to stray onto this forum.
I know I've had some banter on here with you, especially about Christchurch.
But lowering the standard of the thread by responding in kind to some of the mickey taking on here, is I guess normally beneath you.
Anyway tag, you've got the lurgy, pass it on :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here