Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selfies OUT!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yeah I did read it, and it's dead easy to stop fans waiting outside the training ground without banning autographs and selfies.

Not disagreeing with the sentiment of your post but curious how you’d stop people from standing on the pavement of a public highway? As essentially that’s what fans waiting outside the training ground are doing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah I did read it, and it's dead easy to stop fans waiting outside the training ground without banning autographs and selfies. More to the point I read the bit about the club being annoyed that autographs are being sold online. Which to my mind seems like their motivation for the ban, combined with the hassle it causes them.

And just to point out autographs are largely worthless, and should there be a few odd ones that are a little bit of money, why can't someone sell them on? Its a really easy cop out so the club can justify stop doing something that they find a bit of pain, but means a lot to fans, especially the kids.
The club haven’t banned selfies and autographs - they’re still going to offer them to kids for every match it appears - and I suspect organising that is more complicated for the club than the current free for all. And it’s not “dead easy” to police fans hanging around Lancing as this attempt to do so illustrates.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not disagreeing with the sentiment of your post but curious how you’d stop people from standing on the pavement of a public highway? As essentially that’s what fans waiting outside the training ground are doing.
It seems a knee jerk reaction from Braggfan rather than thinking thru the issues. The type that used to shout “sort it out Hughton”.

A letter in today’s Argus is very grateful to the Albion for doing something to help prevent people setting up “camp” outside their house, leaving litter, etc in the road approaching the training ground and waiting for players to sign their shirts. The same people every day.

That type of action is giving consideration to the local community even if it does help the club’s case. Sometimes a player might be running late, want to meet with RDZ, see a physio, etc and not want or be able to stop and sign a begging fan’s shirt. Why should they be abused, or have to explain? They are going to work!!

Autographs might have little value, but a signed and framed Mitoma shirt certainly does.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Got a call from the club yesterday asking whether the two young Clive’s would be interested in a meet and greet with the players prior to todays kick off. I understand this is the new way of doing things since the ban came into effect.

The lad I spoke to didn’t go into detail but said I’d be astonished if I heard some of the tales that had taken place at the stadium and training ground.

Anyway, I’m not really into this sort of stuff but sure the kids will love it. I’ll feedback later on.
Probably the only highlight of the day for me.

The event was hosted very well. Logistical nightmare I’m sure. Staff walked the kids pitch side to the lower east stand while the players and coaches left the lounge. Each player and even RDZ stopped for a chat and pic.

Kids loved it.

From what I heard the policy change took place when things were getting out of hand. Players not getting to their cars for hours, being verbally abused and also incidents which got very dangerous.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It seems a knee jerk reaction from Braggfan rather than thinking thru the issues. The type that used to shout “sort it out Hughton”.

A letter in today’s Argus is very grateful to the Albion for doing something to help prevent people setting up “camp” outside their house, leaving litter, etc in the road approaching the training ground and waiting for players to sign their shirts. The same people every day.

That type of action is giving consideration to the local community even if it does help the club’s case. Sometimes a player might be running late, want to meet with RDZ, see a physio, etc and not want or be able to stop and sign a begging fan’s shirt. Why should they be abused, or have to explain? They are going to work!!

Autographs might have little value, but a signed and framed Mitoma shirt certainly does.
Don't assume and assign me a "type", I was always and still remain very pro Hughton.

Ironic that your accusing me of a knee jerk reaction and not thinking things through. When you know nothing about me, but happily cast me as "a sort it out Hughtin type" because I don't agree with your position. That's almost out of the Donald Trump handbook of how to win an argument.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don't assume and assign me a "type", I was always and still remain very pro Hughton.

Ironic that your accusing me of a knee jerk reaction and not thinking things through. When you know nothing about me, but happily cast me as "a sort it out Hughtin type" because I don't agree with your position. That's almost out of the Donald Trump handbook of how to win an argument.
Keeping things on topic, do you have anything to say about the main part of my response, ie the other 3 paragraphs rather than the introductory para?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably the only highlight of the day for me.

The event was hosted very well. Logistical nightmare I’m sure. Staff walked the kids pitch side to the lower east stand while the players and coaches left the lounge. Each player and even RDZ stopped for a chat and pic.

Kids loved it.

From what I heard the policy change took place when things were getting out of hand. Players not getting to their cars for hours, being verbally abused and also incidents which got very dangerous.
Which player(s) were most in demand? Just curious who the kids idolize the most.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Have they started doing the autographs for randomly selected kids yet?

Has anyone actually been picked or is it their intention to start at some point?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Have they started doing the autographs for randomly selected kids yet?

Has anyone actually been picked or is it their intention to start at some point?
I am sure that someone on here said their kid had been picked. I think that was very soon after they stopped the pictures etc after the games.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
yes it was me!

one of my boys got selected and I cheekily asked if his brother could come too and they said no problem. You get walked along the east side of the pitch and wait for the squad to come from the players lounge en route to the tunnel. They stop and sign whatever you want and have a selfie etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here